How are you staying organized?

Students LPN/LVN Students

Published

Hey everyone!

I am so excited and nervous to finally be starting my nursing classes on January 7th. Life is going to be chaotic and I am wondering about any tips that you use to stay organized. Between school, work and kids, life is going to be a mess for a while and I want to make sure that I stay on top of everything.

Another question, I know it is different for everyone, but how long do you usually study outside of school? Also, do you find it helpful to record lectures and listen to them again?

Thanks for the support!

student forever

227 Posts

I have a place where I leave all my books open and study materials out. My husband is OK with the mess while I am in classes. Then when there's a break, I clean it all up and the house looks good again. Jan 7 it will be all set up for the study regime!!!

Yes, I play the recorder while I drive to and from school. It is a 45 min drive each way and it surprises me how much I pick up each time i hear a lecture over and over. But for me, it is not a substitute for 3 x 5 cards. I need to make those cards and when I go for a walk, I study off those cards and carry them in my purse so I am continually reviewing, reviewing, reviewing. If I stumble over a card, I pull it and go back to the books to make sure I understand the subject matter and try again.

Some nursing schools have decided not to allow recording of lectures anymore. Check with the teacher before hand is my advice.

Well I can't give you tips about work because I don't work lol BUT, as far as the kids, I wash and iron all of my kiddies clothes every sunday for the whole week sometimes two weeks and that is one less thing that I have to worry about. I also plan out our meals every Sunday as well for the whole week and do al of my grocery shopping. I pick my kids up from daycare between and 4:30pm, I feed them, wash them up, play with them and put them to bed by 730 and that is when I study for a few hours and in bed by 12.

+ Add a Comment