Be kind to nurses... we choose the size of your IV

Nurses Rock Toon

Updated:   Published

Specializes in Programming / Strategist for allnurses.

be_kind_to_nurses_we_choose_size_of_your_IV_allnurses_com.png.e5ab406f6f69496c89cce61bdae82d02.png

Be kind to NURSES, We choose the size of your IV! Please feel free to share, like, tweet etc... ?

Of course this is a total joke, no, we don't endorse unnecessary pain.

Please share your comments below, please share any other funny nursing related sayings and we may create graphics to go along with them as well, this is fun ?

Specializes in Critical Care, ED, Cath lab, CTPAC,Trauma.

There is something to be said for punitive medicine....we also can choose the size of the foley.....

Just saying....:whistling:

I don't think this is funny at all. I get that it is meant to be humorous but it isn't.

"I was once voted the worst audience participant 'Cirque du Soleil' ever had."

Specializes in ER, ICU, Neuro, Ortho, Med/Surg, Travele.

I have a feeling that only a few of us, who have few years under our belts will really appreciate this. Sometimes you have to find humor in weird places. If you don't you will lose it. The stress we live under takes it's toll. My husband refuses to have dinner with me and my colleagues because of our dinner conversation. We ruin his appetite. LOL

Specializes in Med/surg, Quality & Risk.

It's funny but I'm not sure it should be an endorsement for this site! :eek:

Specializes in kids.

I think it is hilarious! I think that this IS the place for off color humor. Where else and who else gets it like the rest of us? :roflmao:

Specializes in Neuro ICU and Med Surg.

We choose the size of your IV, foley, NG, and we keep doctors from killing you. I think it is completely hilarious.

Esme12 said:
There is something to be said for punitive medicine....we also can choose the size of the foley.....

Just saying....:whistling:

Ouch and YIKES!

neverbethesame said:
I don't think this is funny at all. I get that it is meant to be humorous but it isn't.

I mean yea, it kind of undermines what we are supposed to be about. And so many folks are distraught over having to have blood draws or IVs or ABGs. It doesn't really help our cause. Personally, I hate to have to inflict any kind of discomfort on patients, kids, babies. I mean, I have done things b/c they needed to be done, but even after all these years, it still bothers me to be the one inflicting pain or discomfort.

People used to say, "Oh. You'll get over it." No, more practice made me better; but I never really got over it. The only time when it doesn't bother me is if a person is sedated or something like that. I just always have to push past my feelings, b/c it's about getting what the patient needs. Most of us don't take pleasure in inflicting discomfort for treatment purposes. We just do it b/c we are there to help the patients.

So, yea, that kind of joke works against us. I agree with redhead. It probably shouldn't be something that the general public should see; b/c a lot of people won't take it as a joke.

Specializes in NICU.
neverbethesame said:

I completely agree. Dark humor is rampant throughout our profession and it's a way to let off steam and I totally get that. But it's usually not directed at causing pain as a punishment for patients. I'm surprised that allnurses put their logo on this.

This just doesn't make sense, "aw this ICU patient is so sweet, I guess one #22 will do! :whistling: "

+ Add a Comment