Jacksonville university RN to BSN online

Students Online Learning

Updated:   Published

I'm looking into an RN to BSN online program! I have applied to Jacksonville university and I was wondering if anyone who is in the program or is going to be has any advice and likes the program??

SQueenRN, BSN

115 Posts

Specializes in Operating Room.

I love the program. Each class is 8 weeks and flies by. I have been in the program for a year and will be done in 6 months. I take one class @ a time as I am still working 36 hrs a week as a hospital staff nurse. Go for it!!

Ebony_RN

101 Posts

Specializes in RNC in OB and experience in Peds.

I graduated from JU's ASN-to-BSN last year, it was great. Took me exactly a year to finish.

Now I'm doing my MSN through Chamberlain.

live2run00

35 Posts

I saw that there was a lot of general education classes to take?? is this true?

SQueenRN, BSN

115 Posts

Specializes in Operating Room.

Before nursing school I got my AA in general education. Then I got my ADN. So I didn't have to take any general ed. courses before starting my RN-BSN courses.

mo929

10 Posts

hi i just applied to jacksonville universty. i was wondering if any one who went to jacksonville wants to sell their books?

Freebo

9 Posts

I'm looking into an RN to BSN online program! I have applied to Jacksonville university and I was wondering if anyone who is in the program or is going to be has any advice and likes the program??

I am considering JU, Umass Boston or UTA- It seems everyone had good experiences at JU. Was it terribly expensive?

pandorasbox

134 Posts

Hello. I'm wondering if anyone who is in the Jacksonville University RN to BSN program can give some insight on how classes are. I have applied but I'm a bit apprehensive on the two courses that require a practice project. It seems like it will take quite a bit of time and I'm already experiencing anxiety just thinking about it.

Anyone out there in the program now, or perhaps someone who has already completed it give me some info???

Thanks!

pandorasbox

134 Posts

Bumping in the hope someone can answer our questions......anyone out there???

Specializes in Flight Nursing, CVICU, ICU.

Hi pandorasbox. Did you decide to enroll? I start on Jan 7th 2013.

pandorasbox

134 Posts

Hello flymedicRN24. Jacksonville is one of my top choices but I'm waiting on admission decisions from 3 other schools. Once i get those, I will choose a school. Did u apply anywhere else? What made u choose Jacksonville? Are u familiar with the program?

Specializes in Flight Nursing, CVICU, ICU.

Hi pandorasbox. I felt the negative issues seen with the bbb with CGU and the coach at UTA helped me decide. I also like that the classes at JU are web based as well. I like seeing and listening to instructions. I am also able to contact the instructor directly. At least that is what I am told.

I do not know of anyone personally who has went. I just haven't found negative things about the school.

I live in Florida, so I can also apply for additional grant money awarded to FL residents. I just feel they have more to offer me. I hope that ends up being true.

So my adventure starts Jan 7th

+ Add a Comment