Everest or Rasmussen RN Program?

U.S.A. Florida

Published

Hello everyone,

I have till the end of this week to make a decision on going to Everest or in Tampa FL.

Everest is Nationally accredited which will be hard to transfer classes

Rasmussen regionally accredited- not sure about their RN program- but if reionally accredited it will be easier to transfer classes.

Will attending any of these school for RN program affect me in getting a job or advancing my nursing career?

Please I need your suggestions and Ideas. Thank you so much

Hello everyone, I just took my TEAS V test today and missed the required score by 5 points (55), the test is very challenging and tricky. Bought the online practice test (total waste of money), it only helped me to know how hard the test will be. The questions on the back of the book are 5 times easier than the test itself. Not to scare anyone, calculators are not allowed and the science was more on Chemistry (calculation), water and temperature, cells, Nucleic Acids and scientific reasoning. I found the link below late last night, this helped a little. A lot of word problems in Math.

Teas v flashcard sets and study tools | Quizlet. Hopefully it will help you guys. Please let me know if you have any question, we have to assist one another in succeeding.

I know i'm a little late but what did you decide on? i just started on April 2nd. I chose rasmussen because they are regionally accredited, so my credits will transfer when i get my BSN. They also took in all my credits from Hcc...so i will have my RN in 6 quarters. Plus they have 100% pass rate.Everest your credits won't transfer, and way more expensive.

Hi I'm going to NPR campus on Wednesday for their RN information session. I have a friend who recently graduated from their RN program and had nothing but positive things to say about her experiences and is currently employed at a hospital as an RN, but I would also like to hear your thoughts and opinions as well if you don't mind :)

I'm currently attending SPC and I have been waiting a while now to be accepted into their RN program, but with a 3.36 GPA that's highly unlikely :( Anyways, I have completed all my prereqs, have taken and passed the TEAS exam, and since I've completed Comp II and College Algebra (and my A.A degree) the RN program manager said I do not have to take their entrance exam, so the only thing I would have to complete is the interview with the Dean.

So if you don't mind, could you briefly tell me what it's been like for you so far? Tips, advice, etc?

Thanks for your help :)

Rasmussen is extremely expensive, but I have heard good things about getting a quality education there. I would try PHCC if you haven't already. The RN program is really hard to get into, but maybe you could do their LPN program first (easier to get into) and then bridge for RN. Then you can go to St Pete College for BSN. Just thinking of a cheaper way for you to get the same education, and it would be at an accredited school. Keep in mind that many employers like St Joe's and Tampa General do not hire new nurses who do not have BSN. So, it's best to make sure whatever school you do decide to go to will transfer to a school who can offer you a BSN later. Just some things to think about. Best of luck to you!!'

@SWingate86 You mentioned taking the TEAS, was this required. I was a bit confused because you mentioned having an AA and also taking your pre-reqs and then said that all you need was to meet the Dean for an interview. I too have an AA and an AS degree already in other fields. I've taken my all my pre-reqs except for College Algebra which I am taking now and will be done with this December. So all I would have to do is take the Nursing core classes. Just wanted to know if I have to take the TEAS so that I can start preparation now. Thanks for the previous info, I hadn't considered until I read your post. :)

@Tampabp, yes, the TEAS test is required for admittance into 's RN program. They've recently switched from the HESI exam to the TEAS V exam. You need an overall score of 60% in order to be considered for their program. Also, because I've taken and passed Comp II and College Algebra, I do not need to take their admission exam either (I believe it's called the STEPS test). I'm not sure if there are any additional classes I will have to take before I begin the core nursing classes since I have completed all my nursing prereqs at SPC, but I am meeting with the RN program manager tonight to discuss what steps I will have to take next. They also have a BSN program now too which my friend has enrolled in, and I believe it is online since it is all theory. I've heard good things about Rasmussen, so I'm fairly confident that I will enroll into their RN program :)

Ok great, thanks for clearing that up. I'm going to their information seeion tomorrow to get more info. I have visited Keiser before and felt good about that schol as well. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I will have to quit my 9-5 and mostly likely not be able to work while in the RN program. Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it.

I have a question in reference to the program.... I take my TEAS exam this Friday and I'm a little nervous. I took the TEAS exam back in 2009 and passed well above an overal score of 60. However my Science and Math scores weren't so hot. Does Rasmussen look at the individual subject scores or just the overal score? I have bought the online study materials and practice exam, however I don't think there's much else I can do to prepare in between now and Friday.

edited which will be hard to transfer classes

Rasmussen regionally accredited- not sure about their RN program- but if reionally accredited it will be easier to transfer classes.

Will attending any of these school for RN program affect me in getting a job or advancing my nursing career?

I have a question in reference to the Rasmussen program.... I take my TEAS exam this Friday and I'm a little nervous. I took the TEAS exam back in 2009 and passed well above an overal score of 60. However my Science and Math scores weren't so hot. Does Rasmussen look at the individual subject scores or just the overal score? I have bought the online study materials and practice exam, however I don't think there's much else I can do to prepare in between now and Friday.

edited which will be hard to transfer classes

I'm also applying to in Tampa. I just scheduled to take the TEAS in December 14 so that should give me enough time to study. I don't have to take the step test so I just need to focus on the TEAS. I have taken the TEAS twice a few years ago and failed. I have all my per req completed and I'm also an LPN. Classes start in April 2013. For Rasmussen we are only allow to take the TEAS once per year. So if I don't pass in December I have next year to try again but I'm positive That I will pass. I would appreciate any suggestions.

@mzwhyte77 --

How did you do with your TEAS?

Rasmussen only looks at your overall score, not your individual scores (math, science, etc). I believe you need an overall score of 55% or 65% to be eligible for their RN program, so even if you don't do so well on the math or science portion, if you do really well in the reading and english sections you should be OK.

As far as accreditation goes, they aren't accredited by the NLNAC or the SACS, so if you wanted to transfer out to USF or SPC, you more than likely won't be able to since is accredited by a different agency. However, you can transfer in your credits and apply them towards their RN program. This is a little off putting, especially if you want your BSN, however, they do have a BSN program which can be completed online.

Will attending any of these schools for RN program affect you in getting a job? No. I had the same concerns, and I personally called the nursing recruiter at Baycare to ask them if they gave preference to one college over the other. I was told, and this is verbatim, that they cannot hire someone based upon the school which they attended since they cannot show any bias from one institution to the other. Will they more than likely hire someone from USF or SPC? Maybe, but that also depends on the applicant's background (i.e do they have any experience in the medical field such as being a CNA, etc), and are they applying from within the organization? I asked if they have hired graduates from Rasmussen, and the nursing recruiter said that they have indeed hired students from Rasmussen, so yes, as long as you have a valid RN license from the state of Florida and a two year degree, you can be hired as an RN.

I hope I was able to answer some of your questions, if you want to know anything else, just let me know!

I thought was regionally acredited.

I did took the TEAS and got an overall score of 67% at PHCC but I'm not sure if I can use that score or I would have to retake it. I took it a year ago.

+ Add a Comment