What should I do? Interview after acceptance of another offer

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

After much hard work, I managed to secure interviews with a hospital and an urgent care center. I have a second interview scheduled with the urgent care center tomorrow, but the hospital called me today and made a much better offer ($5 more per hour, and better benefits) than what I was informed the offer from the center would be. I accepted. What do I do about the urgent care center interview? Should I still go or just call and cancel? I am so at a loss of what to do.

Specializes in Hospice / Ambulatory Clinic.
Thank you all for responses. I do have in my hands the contract paperwork between the hospital & I, (2 year GN Internship contract) am set to sign it, drug test, and health screen next week with a start date of July 16, 2012. Ashley PICU RN - I took your advice, called and politely cancelled the interview. They were very gracious about it.

Well it works in their favor for them to know you aren't a viable candidate for the job due to unavailability. I'm not sure how HR works in the nursing world but in the non nursing world when hiring often times what would happen would be the hiring manager would pick someone they would decline and instead of going to the next best person they would reject everyone and start the search over fresh. So maybe your giving the next person a chance.

I naturally assume they would pick you since your obviously awesome ;)

+ Add a Comment