Stony Brook Accelerated BSN class of 2013

U.S.A. New York

Published

Hey all! Just wanted to lend my support to anyone else who is applying to SB next summer! It's a grueling process :-)):yeah:

I wouldn't mind living on campus but i haven't heard anything bout that yet but i paid the deposit already.

oh good! I'm sure they are getting to it. We have waited so long for this to happen that we are going crazy! lol

Does anyone need a roommate?! This is very stressful

Thank you so much! I'm still waiting on the alternate list.

I'm still waiting on the alternate list as well. I hope they have more spots open up.

Mar1809- did u look on the sbu website there is a housing link and there is a list of ppl looking for roomates

I did, found something very promising...thanks Bio!

Hi Paco -

Sorry for the delay! ...and thank you for taking the time to respond to me! I did see that two additional courses were added. Luckily, I already have the Statistics from a semester at Stony Brook and I am taking the Developmental Psych online right now. I am going to retake Micro in the fall (I got a C+ my first go around, horrible teacher!, had I known she was taking all of her tests off of an internet site, I would have found the site sooner! Her exams had absolutely no relevance to the text or course outline). I am going to focus on stellar letters of rec and revamping my essay once this online course is over. If you don't mind me asking, who did you get your LOR's from? Doctors? Teachers?

Thank you for your patience with me!

Kacey

Just a quick post to make this easier for someone to locate.

Specializes in ICU / PCU / Telemetry / Oncology.
Hi Paco -

Sorry for the delay! ...and thank you for taking the time to respond to me! I did see that two additional courses were added. Luckily, I already have the Statistics from a semester at Stony Brook and I am taking the Developmental Psych online right now. I am going to retake Micro in the fall (I got a C+ my first go around, horrible teacher!, had I known she was taking all of her tests off of an internet site, I would have found the site sooner! Her exams had absolutely no relevance to the text or course outline). I am going to focus on stellar letters of rec and revamping my essay once this online course is over. If you don't mind me asking, who did you get your LOR's from? Doctors? Teachers?

Thank you for your patience with me!

Kacey

I got recommendations from my A&P professor and my micro professor, and my 3rd one was from the director of volunteer services at the hospital where I volunteered before nursing school for 2 years (who also had direct supervision of me).

To be honest with you: I would not bother retaking micro for a better grade if you are doing that just for Stony Brook. I had people in my class that got C's in micro and still got in ... and graduated successfully from the ABSN. One C grade is not gonna make or break you in admissions, clearly. Just a thought.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using allnurses.com

I was turned away from the, 2–year BSN program. I would like know how many people applied to the accelerated and the 2-year program.

Specializes in ICU / PCU / Telemetry / Oncology.
I was turned away from the, 2–year BSN program. I would like know how many people applied to the accelerated and the 2-year program.

Can't recall exact numbers, but I heard a little over 600 applied for the 64 seats in the accelerated class that is starting this summer. That's about 50 more than applied for last summer's class (my class). Not sure about 2-year, but I suspect about the same, the class # is about the same, and both classes graduate together (about 125, factoring in people that decelerate or drop out). The applicant #s keep increasing as more and more people want to go to nursing school.

+ Add a Comment