Passed AANP for FNP. Tips from my personal experience

Nursing Students NP Students

Published

This is just from my personal experience.

Materials:

1. Both APEA and Fitzgerald disks (a classmate and I exchange them when we were done with the disks).

Fitz-Excellent medication review for each system, but a lot of information; can be overwhelming. Inadequate review in the peds section.

APEA- Info is broken down into simplest form to understand; good review on peds and pregnant.

2. Fitzgerald review book (love this; very thorough with lots of questions)

3. Leik's review book-concise and easy to read

4. APEA's questions and answers book- did not use

My approach:

1. Listen to both sets of CDs once after school is done (I listened to some lectures during school already)

2. Read the entire Leik's review book.

3. Study each body system using the review books that accompanied the CDs

4. Read the Fitz review book and answer the questions

5. Make flashcards of weak areas.

Bare minimum, I would recommend APEA's review CD/course and Fitz's review book. I think the sample exam from Fitz's website is made up of the questions in her book and the sample exam from APEA is from the questions in her APEA's questions and answers book.

Make sure you make a timeline of your studying goals. Good luck. I hope this helps

Mercedes674

FINALLY GOT MY NUMBER.. now to hurry up and wait for the state stuff :w00t:

Alright Tinabeanrn.. waiting to see how you did!

Specializes in family nurse practitioner.

I PASSED THE AANP! I AM OFFICIALLY A BOARD CERTIFIED FNP!!!!! Praise God!!! That was a bear of a test ;')

:yelclap:CONGRATULATIONS!!:w00t:

you user name now needs to read TinabeanNP

IKR! Totally should try to change my name! BIG SIGH. I can not even believe it. My heart was pounding through my chest as I waited on those results, probably went into Afib/aflutter LOL. I am so elated it is not even funny!!!!! My tips for passing this test would be to know your antibiotics inside and out, lots of peds questions, xanthums, muskuloskelatal system...basically every thing that Leik says will be on the test is on there. Literally everything she said that is always on the test was on there. That book helped me on so many questions. That was the most helpful. Fitzgerald helps with the antibiotics and GI/GU questions. Praise GOD its finally over! Now I can go through the whole waiting on my number to pop up thing you guys have been going through.

Tina, many many congratulations:yeah:

I am so happy for you !! :cheers:

Party time now hehehe !! :up:

God, I can't wait to be done.

Specializes in ICU-Step Down, Cardiac/CHF, Telemetry, L&D.

Congrats!!!!!!! I knew you could do it!!

Thanks Mercedes. You gave me the confidence I needed to just go on and do it! So happy its over. It reminded me a lot of the Hesi

Specializes in ICU-Step Down, Cardiac/CHF, Telemetry, L&D.

I'm just glad it's over for all of us....

I PASSED the AANP exam today!! I am ELATED!!!

CONGRATS!!!!

Congratulations illcleff!!! Feels Amazing doesnt it?? You go from studying non-stop to being able to close the book for a while!!!

Now I am waiting on my number to pop up, its been almost 3 weeks...wow. What the heck?

+ Add a Comment