Any nurses within Toronto (GTA) area studying for the NCLEX?

World Canada

Published

1. Any nurses within Toronto (GTA) area studying for the NCLEX?

1 member has participated

i did the nclex last month and failed. now am studying again for the nclex. i didnt get much studying done because of work and now i am considering a study group or tutor. anyone else within the toronto area (or specifically brampton) also studying for the nclex?

joanna73, BSN, RN

4,767 Posts

Specializes in geriatrics.

Based on the feedback I've had from everyone I know who successfully passed the NCLEX, you really need a solid knowledge base. Not studying isn't an option. Also, the Canadian exam is much more subjective, so there is no comparison. Review your labs and your med surg. Apparently, the Kaplan text has had positive reviews. Good luck :)

MiRNVice

4 Posts

Specializes in Emergency.

Hello, I am also now studying for the NCLEX I plan to write in the summer. I live in Toronto. I am going to take a class with performance edge...I got their info at the last career fair. I find that I mess up when it comes with comprehension of multiple choice questions.

luckymelissa

23 Posts

kool...can you send me the information about the classes performance edge has to offer? if interested we can study sometimes as a group

MiRNVice

4 Posts

Specializes in Emergency.

Sure no worries. What is your email address?

luckymelissa

23 Posts

sinue04

1 Post

hey, how do I apply for the NCLEX exam. Who should I contact for this? and where in Toronto can I get more info about this?

Silverdragon102, BSN

1 Article; 39,477 Posts

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.
hey, how do I apply for the NCLEX exam. Who should I contact for this? and where in Toronto can I get more info about this?

You need to meet state requirements first so look at where you want to work and then look at state website. Links can be found at the bottom of the page.

luckymelissa

23 Posts

message me at [email protected] and i fill you in on all the details....

Sadaf

33 Posts

Anyone wanting to form a study group in Toronto for the NCLEX RN please email me at

[email protected]

shortie0306

6 Posts

I do not live in Toronto but I passed the NCLEX-RN last March in SK.

I would recommend NCSBN's Review for the examination. I found that it helped build my knowledge. It gives you a suggested study plan and has practice questions:

https://www.ncsbn.org/4762.htm

Good Luck!

+ Add a Comment