Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2012 Application

Specialties Advanced

Published

Hello! I have seen forums for the previous years' application cycles, but not for the class starting fall 2012.

Sooo... how's it going for everyone? I take the GRE on Friday (gah!) so of course I'm trying to avoid studying for that!

has anyone heard anything yet?

I got an email saying they were too full to look at my application last committee meeting so it won't be reviewed until April 11th. I guess because I applied for the ENP program, it has to be reviewed by two different boards (ACNP and FNP). I am pretty discouraged at this point! :(

Is everyone finding the new student info ok..? I happened to stumble across it but maybe I had not looking in the right place to begin with on the VUSN website......

i just called and my files still in review since late march. unfortunately it seems that all of the spots are filled and the only good news now would be being wait listed :/ and i think she also mentioned that theres been no movement on the wait list either

Got my letter today. Was not admitted :( I applied for the ENP program so I don't know why. My GPA is good by my GRE scores were bad. I am hoping to find out if I wasn't admitted because the program was full or if it would help to retake my GRE or what.

OH well. :(

aww i'm sorry! thats so weird how they told you your file wouldn't be reviewed till the 11th...tomorrow and yet you received your letter today.

Specializes in Pediatrics.

Hi everyone,

I just declined my space in the FNP program for a PNP spot at another program. Good luck to everyone still waiting or on the wait list!

@silverbelle - I spoke to the school and the new student page is underconstruction and as soon as it has been updated there will be a link from the homepage. Currently it is under "Quick Links" - "New Students".

Specializes in Surgery, Family Practice.

@mellzie22- were you scheduled to do fulltime enrollment or part time enrollment? have you heard of anyone else declining their spot? thanks :)

Hey All! Congrats on getting in. I'm currently in the prespecialty year, and will be starting my ACNP year in the fall. I have a two bedroom apartment that I currently share with my husband, but he is going to school out of state next year so I am looking for a house mate. Please PM me if you are interested. I live between the 12 south and green hills area.

Hey all,

I applied to the prespecialty program this year for PMHNP and didnt get accepted. I am certainly down about this, but plan on doing all I can to have a better shot when I apply again next year. For those of you who did get in I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sending me a message about your gpa, gre, and experience. I am trying to get an idea of what it's gonna take for me to get in so I can follow through with my career aspirations. Please help.

Well I am pretty late joinin this crew, but I am a direct entry CNM/FNP student headed to Nashville from Charleston SC this summer and I'd love to find some fellow classmates to live with!

+ Add a Comment