GCU Summer 2012

U.S.A. Arizona

Published

You are reading page 11 of GCU Summer 2012

johnnyarei

208 Posts

Specializes in Women's Health.

I went ahead an ordered mine because if I didn't, I would probably spend the money! They are SOOO expensive. I wanted the Master Cardiology (Littman), but I didn't want to spend that much money. So, I found a cheaper Littman. Maybe I'll get the Master Cardiology as a graduation present :nurse:

Stoofanie

58 Posts

Yeah the Cardiologist ones are sooo expensive!! I definitely don't have the money right now to get one! Did you get a fancy color or just a black one?? I noticed a lot of the Littman ones had various colors!

johnnyarei

208 Posts

It's carribean blue. I got my name engraved on it too!

Stoofanie

58 Posts

What website did you get yours from?!

johnnyarei

208 Posts

Steeles.com

Stoofanie

58 Posts

I'll look and compare all the prices. I'm very excited! Especially to try on the scrubs :) hope I look good in purple!

johnnyarei

208 Posts

I don't think I'm going to try them on. I think I'll just order them from the website. I'm excited too!

futrnursekj

31 Posts

Wow, it's interesting to see that both of you are having "difficulty" with your financial advisors too. I left my meeting a week ago more confused and lost than before! lol He just kept telling me I can apply for loans where ever I wanted and didn't even know if the financial aid amount he was quoting me was going to be accurate...he knew I was coming three weeks ahead of time, but didn't send the email out to verify things until the day I was coming...I'm still waiting! Fortunately, I'll be ok financial for the first level, so I have time to work things out. :yeah:

Thanks for the website for the stethescopes...I want to buy my soon too! Exciiiiting!! I did buy some of the books that were suggested by someone else on this thread. Some of them were a little $$, but I've been buying them one by one so I don't go into shock when I look at the bill! Ha!

April 6th will be here before we know it. Maybe they'll surprise us with lunch!?!? *wishful thinking*

Stoofanie

58 Posts

Haha yeah I've heard the GCU financial counselors are not anything to brag about! Will gave me the estimated quotes based on my FASFA, which will most likely change now that I have to file. I'm sure I'll be okay for the first school year. I'm just disappointed now that I probably won't get the full pell grant now that i have to file too as dependent. I think we decided i'll do the pell grant and stuff for summer and then loans for the fall. then we'll decide from there.

Futnursekj does your financial aid counselor want you to apply for private loans??

I feel like GCU would surprise us with cheese and crackers before real food hahaha. :)

johnnyarei

208 Posts

I just felt that the whole "financial meeting" was a joke. First of all, he called me - 30 minutes late! He did not even tell me all of my options. I was basically in tears after the phone call because I thought that I had to pay the full amount each semester 30 days before the 1st day of classes. So, I called back the next day and he was on vacation (rolls eyes). So, he left the name of a contact person in his VM. So, I called her and she told me about the payment plan. He didn't even mention it! Then, he said I could try a private loan through Wells Fargo. Which I did not want to do. But, out of curiosity, I called them. They said that they were not even "contracted" with GCU and that I could not take out a loan with them for GCU. I was so upset. Not only was he NOT HELPFUL, but he gave me inaccurate information.

So, I told my admissions rep that I do not want to talk with him EVER again! Anytime I have a question, I contact my admissions rep and she gets back with me with the answer.

futrnursekj

31 Posts

Stoofanie, that's EXACTLY what he told me to do. Said I didn't get flagged by the gov yet for being close to my federal aide allotment, but told me he wanted to verify that through someone first. That's what he decided to do the day I came in to see him, so now I have to wait until he hears back from them. I contacted him last Thursday, but he was on vacation too! :bugeyes: He suggested I fill out an application for a private loan using Sallie Mae, since that was one of the agenies GCU has a contract with. Sallie Mae told me NO WAY, because of my outstanding loan balance I already have with them from undergrad. GRRR...so frustrating, because most of the info I found out was because I ASKED my advisor. Someone at my church told me they were in a similar situation with ASU and they were told to appeal the financial aid package since she wasn't working and had huge medical bills (which I have). She won the appeal and got more money, so she could actually afford to go to ASU.

Now, the question is...will my advisor know how to appeal if I ask him?

Wow johnnyarei!! You've been having fun just like me I see!! LOL I'm glad you told me about the payment plan or I don't think I would've found out from my advisor. I asked HIM about it! *sigh*

I go back to GCU tomorrow to turn in all my immunization papers, so I'm going to pop in on my advisor and see if he can help me. Wish me luck! :banghead:

futrnursekj

31 Posts

I met with my financial advisor again today and he was actually VERY helpful!! Pleasantly surprised. :yeah:

+ Add a Comment