Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2012 Application

Specialties Advanced

Published

Hello! I have seen forums for the previous years' application cycles, but not for the class starting fall 2012.

Sooo... how's it going for everyone? I take the GRE on Friday (gah!) so of course I'm trying to avoid studying for that!

@mellzie22: Congrats, that is wonderful news!!!

Yeah mellzie22!!!

congrats mellzie! i remember reading on the thread that they didn't receive one of your LOR's till later on? i'm just wondering because I submitted my app well, after the deadline around early feb. i still haven't received any confirmation that my app has gone to review or anything. i'm thinking of calling them later on this week..i've already called a couple times..hate bothering them lols. any insight would be great! thanks!

Specializes in Pediatrics.

Yes, my recommendation got inon Feb 6 I believe. I called them Feb 16 and they said it was going for review that day. I called a week later and they told me not to expect anything until mid-March. It was a COMPLETE shock to get that letter today. I would call and ask when you application will be going for review. It was just under 3 weeks for me between the time it went for me any I got my letter. Good luck!

And thank you everyone for the well-wishes!

congrats mellzie22, hope to see you in the fall!

On another note, I was wondering if anyone had asked at the open house or through any other correspondence with the staff at if a lot of pre-specialty students work part time as RNs after the first year while they do their clinicals in their home state? I know it would be only a year of experience as an RN but working would put me more at ease with the financial aspect of the program and gaining experience. Let me know if you know/heard of anything...thanks!

Specializes in Pediatrics.

@sprint880324, I am interested to know the answer to that as well. I hope it is an option, as I think working part-time will help offset some of the substantial cost.

I have the same concern, I'm hoping to work at least part time!

for those dual FNP/CNM hopefuls out there, i just want to let you know that i will not be accepting 's offer (even though it's a great program). best of luck to whomever will get it.

Thanks for the update bluskyy! Good luck with your future plans :)

@bluskyy: May I ask why you are giving up your spot? Feel free to message me here!

Hey!! New here. Waiting on an acceptance letter for the FNP track as an RN. I wanted to comment to people who considered switching their speciality from FNP to Peds. At one time I was accepted to Peds and withdrew because of job availability. Besides at Vanderbilt, I wasn't really finding PNP jobs anywhere I was interested in living. I know with FNP I could still do peds. I work at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and have for the past 2 1/2 years. My nurse practitioner I see was an adult speciality, then had to go back to get her FNP because she couldn't find a job for ANP. I'm so nervous. I know I'm accepted into another program if this doesn't work out, and I also know it's more expensive. Good luck to everyone!

I'm in!! ACNP direct entry...letter came today...good luck to those waiting to hear!

+ Add a Comment