Barnes Jewish College Accelerated Summer 2012

U.S.A. Missouri

Published

Specializes in ICU/Medical/Surgical.

I can't seem to find anyone else out there who got accepted into the accelerated summer 2012 program. Perhaps this is because i'm still waiting for my account to be set up with the school. I'm very nervous/excited since I will be moving from California to a place where i have to completely build from ground up. I don't plan to bring a car and am hoping St. Louis has a reliable transportation system. Given that I won't have a car, which neighborhoods should i live in that are within easy walking/bike/bus distance?

Well, I hope to hear from you all! I can't wait to get my future career on the road!

Congrats to you Liljd! Sorry I not accepted into their accelerated program but will hopefully be accepted into their upper division program. I just want to wish you good luck. I am also from California and will be working from the ground up in MO hopefully by 2013. good Luck :)

You should look into places in the central west end. The bus system is pretty reliable. Congratulations on your acceptance!

I wouldn't go too far from campus... I haven't EVER used the transportation system here... I don't know how frequent it runs, so how convenient it is but my husband is a cop and seems to think its safe.

If you are going to Barnes I would say the closest place is the Central West end. I also have not used the public transportation, but it is walking distance. Lots of medical students, nursing, interns, ect.. Live it that area. They have high rise living and condo style, apartments in that area. A little bit of everything! Good luck.

Hi liljd - I am waitlisted for the Summer 2012, but guaranteed a slot for Fall 2012. Have you made arrangements to leave to MO yet? I currently reside in LA, and will be making the move as well. Feel free to contact me. Thanks.

I can't seem to find anyone else out there who got accepted into the accelerated summer 2012 program. Perhaps this is because i'm still waiting for my account to be set up with the school. I'm very nervous/excited since I will be moving from California to a place where i have to completely build from ground up. I don't plan to bring a car and am hoping St. Louis has a reliable transportation system. Given that I won't have a car, which neighborhoods should i live in that are within easy walking/bike/bus distance?

Well, I hope to hear from you all! I can't wait to get my future career on the road!

hi liljd - i am waitlisted for the summer 2012, but guaranteed a slot for fall 2012. have you made arrangements to leave to mo yet? i currently reside in la, and will be making the move as well. feel free to contact me. thanks.

hi liljd - i am waitlisted for the summer 2012, but guaranteed a slot for fall 2012. have you made arrangements to leave to mo yet? i currently reside in la, and will be making the move as well. feel free to contact me. thanks.

i can't seem to find anyone else out there who got accepted into the accelerated summer 2012 program. perhaps this is because i'm still waiting for my account to be set up with the school. i'm very nervous/excited since i will be moving from california to a place where i have to completely build from ground up. i don't plan to bring a car and am hoping st. louis has a reliable transportation system. given that i won't have a car, which neighborhoods should i live in that are within easy walking/bike/bus distance?

well, i hope to hear from you all! i can't wait to get my future career on the road!

Specializes in Neuro, Camp.

Hi Everyone,

I have been a lurker on her for a few months, but finally sent in my first nursing school application about a week ago (for Barnes Accelerated program starting Summer '13), so thought it would be a good time to write my first comment! I live in Los Angeles, like a few of you do, and would be relocating to St. Louis, starting from the ground up there etc, like you have all mentioned. There are some beautiful apartments in the Central West End (I can't help but search online, I'm too excited!) for significantly cheaper than in LA, which makes me happy.

I can't wait to continue this amazing journey!! Thanks everyone!

+ Add a Comment