Stony Brook Accelerated BSN class of 2013

U.S.A. New York

Published

Hey all! Just wanted to lend my support to anyone else who is applying to SB next summer! It's a grueling process :-)):yeah:

happy new year guys!!! WE WILL FIND OUT SOON!!!

Specializes in ICU / PCU / Telemetry / Oncology.

Happy New Year everyone! Let the SOLAR checking begin! LOL!

Won't happen today!!

My heart skipped a beat when i saw exclamation points and the word SOLAR!!! Thanks pacooo : p

happy new year to all!

When they did the up date we were on page 25-26 and when it came back up it was on page 24...plus I had made a commented about the 150Mill donation from Renaissance Technologies CEO to SBU and it is not here....I also read in another thread that part of their thread was lost into cyber update as well.

Question for you Paco-Has SBU stated anything about reinstating their MS for Family Health Program with this donation since it was cut due to budget cuts? Just wondering....

Happy 2012 to everyone. Best wishes!!!

Specializes in ICU / PCU / Telemetry / Oncology.
Question for you Paco-Has SBU stated anything about reinstating their MS for Family Health Program with this donation since it was cut due to budget cuts? Just wondering....

Have not heard anything about that. Actually have not heard many specifics about how that huge donation will benefit the HSC. Not that I have really had much time to look into it, ya know? :D ... but if I hear anything of the sort you know I will post!!

Here is a bit from the Stony Brook website--with an initiative with Cuomo they are trying to reinvoigorate the economy here on Long Island so they will be hiring faculty et al...That means hiring more nurses etc. so we will be in a good place.

Granted the Cuomo half will not happen til 2020 but this endowment will help the university - as you said, the specifics as it related to HSC are not totally clear but when you think research besides the lab component- you are talking about clinical trials and monitoring and investigators which requires nurses in various rolls along with doctors...so that is a good thing:)

Ugh the 15th is on a Sunday so I guess that Monday will be a day in infamy for SOLAR-te he he.

Here is the website for looking up information on the simons' gift.

Stony Brook University - The Simons Gift

Stony Brook University Receives $150 Million Gift from Jim and Marilyn Simons and the Simons Foundation

Stony Brook University President Samuel L. Stanley Jr., M.D., announced today that the University has received a $150 million gift from Dr. James and Dr. Marilyn Simons, and from the Simons Foundation. It is the largest gift in the history of Stony Brook University or to any one of the 64 institutions in the SUNY system, as well as one of the largest to any institution of public higher education. Present for the historic announcement, in addition to the Simons, were New York State Governor Andrew M. Cuomo, State University of New York Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher, and a number of elected representatives. (Stony Brook University news release Dec. 14, 2011)

Governor Cuomo Approves NYSUNY2020 Application for Stony Brook

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today travelled to Stony Brook to sign the Stony Brook University 2020 challenge grant application that proposes a $194 million plan to help revitalize Long Island's economy by building a first-class medical research building at the Stony Brook campus. Under the proposal, the university will be able to support Stony Brook's plan to build a new translational medical research building; hire additional faculty and staff; and, launch economic development partnerships with industry in the Long Island region. (Governor's Office news release Dec. 14, 2011)

Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year!!! Ok, stayed away as much as possible, now it is going to get difficult. I am praying we will get an answer by mid January, I have so much waiting, such as taking 3 classes that start 1/23 that I can drop if I get in to SBU...but I would gladly drop them later if I can get in to SBU, but hope it will not be after there is no refunds given :uhoh3:

Looking forward to hearing good news with all of you soon!!!

yes annie hope we all get in:)

So glad I found this thread....I also applied for the summer Accelerated BSN program at SBU and have been obsessing about getting in since September 26th when I hit the submit button. Ugh. Anyway - glad to be able to connect with people going through the same thing as me! Best of luck to everyone and hope to have the opportunity to meet you at orientation! (Fingers crossed):cheers:

+ Add a Comment