<Information about Touro Nevada>

U.S.A. Nevada

Published

You are reading page 18 of <Information about Touro Nevada>

puravidaLV

396 Posts

Incorrect

Touro received permission to accept 56 students for November, and are likely to accept students for March as well, as long as they maintain 80% NCLEX pass rate.

http://nevadanursingboard.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/071811boardmin.pdf

I believe they have become stricter with their admissions requirements due to their need to maintain the 80% pass rate.

http://tun.touro.edu/prospective-students/applying-for-admission/bsn-admission/

That is a big change from when i went with a friend to their open house about four months ago and they said they weren't, so yay for capitalism!

likely isn't maybe or going to be...the word you should have used is "contingent".

Oakley44

105 Posts

I'll be graduating from Touro in Feb. Seeing as how the NCLEX pass rates are currently above 90%, I'm assuming they won't have a problem with admitting an incoming class. That being said the current requirements are definitely more competitive as the most recent cohort consists of 27 students. The reaped the 'benefits' of taking a sketchy approach two years ago and have been playing catch up ever since . Thankfully it's going in the right direction now.

Hi Oakley44.

I was wondering where you received the information that touro's nclex pass rate is at 90%. The nv board of nursing website shows them at 76% (updated on 10/15/11). I'm interested in applying but like other applicants, kinda scared about them being closed while I'm in the program.

Thanks

Oakley44

105 Posts

Hi Oakley44.

I was wondering where you received the information that touro's nclex pass rate is at 90%. The nv board of nursing website shows them at 76% (updated on 10/15/11). I'm interested in applying but like other applicants, kinda scared about them being closed while I'm in the program.

Thanks

Yeah not to worry. I received the information simply by being a student here with an administration that is (for the most part) very easy to access. I'm referring to the previous cohort. Those students who graduated this past Spring. The BON NV statistics are compiled of ALL cohorts that have recently taken the NCLEX. As you may know, the longer people wait or the more repeat examinations are done the lower the average pass rates. This school has changed quite a bit since I started last year; mostly in a positive direction. Its integration of ATI type testing and inclusion of an NCLEX review type class during 4th semester is intended to help familiarize us with the NCLEX format; which, as far as I can tell is quite a bit easier than the content we have been learning in the best three semesters. It's certainly on a better trajectory than some other private RN institutions in the area. Obviously, I can't name names but if you google private BSN or RN programs in Las Vegas, you'll get an idea; ie. programs that have, in fact, closed without so much as an apology to the attending students.

The well-regarded DO and PA programs help solidify its presence in Southern NV. This is NOT (insert school that rhymes with Booniversity of Leenicks).

Good luck.

LOL. I enjoyed booniversity of leenicks. Thank you so much for the info.

+ Add a Comment