Resurrection University 2011 Cohorts

U.S.A. Illinois

Published

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else is applying for the Summer or Fall 2011 cohorts for the Accelerated program at West Sub/Resurrection. I met with the admissions counselor and went to an open house and it seems like the requirements have changed. Has anyone else noticed? i.e. a letter of recommendation is no longer required and the TEAS min score is now 70ish instead of 80.

:o

My admissions counselor gave me a call to let me know. Took a little over a week, after everything in the application process was completed, to get a response.

Congrats KKat! I just got my call last week. I'm scrambling to get all of the forms completed. :yeah: I'm excited to get started. Did you go to orientation yet?

Congrats! I went to the Orientation on the 3rd. You'll get your classes set up and get an overview on the whole school and schedule and what to expect. Not too much info, but a good idea. Good luck! When are you scheduled to go in for orientation??

Is anyone else on this board starting the evening/weekend program at Resurrection University this fall? I just decided to attend and thought I would see if anyone else is in the same boat. I am still waiting for financial aid information from them, and have two prerequisites to complete this summer, but other than that I am ready to go!

alycat30- I am starting in the fall for the ev/wknd program. They are a bit slow with information. You have to keep following up with them

KKat- I think 6/16 but they havent sent my confirmation. that was my first choice date.

Hello future classmates,

I am just wondering if any one has been able to register, and if so, would mind sharing what our schedule looks like for fall. I won't be able to register for another month and would like to give me employer the heads up on any schedule changes we might need to make. Thanks!

Hello future classmates,

I am just wondering if any one has been able to register, and if so, would mind sharing what our schedule looks like for fall. I won't be able to register for another month and would like to give me employer the heads up on any schedule changes we might need to make. Thanks!

You don't have to wait. You can log into the portal and click on academics. There's a link that says online registration or something like that. It will allow you to see the available classes/sections and register. I just did it on my own.

I signed up for classes Monday (6pm start), Wed & Thur nite 5pm start. My employer is pretty flexible so I will start an hour earlier than usual so i can leave, go home to change and get to class on time.

PM-me if you have other questions. Hope this helps!:D

Thanks for the info., mono2010! I was able to register online. See you in a couple months!

Hello Everyone,

I am currently new to allnurses.com. I am interested in appyling to Res. University for Fall 2012. I want to apply for the evening/weekend cohort. I will have completed all but 3 of my pre-req's (when I actually apply for the program I will be enrolled in Micro and Speech) I will take my final math class over the summer of 2012. I would chance and wait for the next application period, but I would have to wait an entire year to get in for either the Summer 2013 or Fall 2013 cohorts.

I am currently taking my pre-req's at the city colleges if chicago. I feel that the BSN program at Res. University would be a better fit for myself than the City College's ADN program. I say this because if you look at both programs within 2 years I could have a BSN with Res. University vs. an ADN with City Colleges of Chicago which will take a full 2 years. However, if I am unable to apply to Res. University while still taking pre-req's it would be pointless.

The questions that I have is:

Is it still possible to apply to the program while completing pre-req's during your application process?

How competitive is the program?

Would it even be worth trying to get in with 2 (pre-req's) in progress and 1 still left to complete over the summer?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hi Purple_gal2014,

You might want to call or email the school to meet with an admissions counselor to go over your transcripts. It was very helpful for me. For instance, I was going to try to test out of the computer science course, but the admissions counselor told me that the test is extremely difficult and they have had people not be able to start the program because they failed it. That was good to know; I promptly enrolled for an online computer course when I heard that!

I think you should definitely apply for Fall 2012. I was taking A &P II and Developmental Psych when I applied (they did want my midterm grades so that they knew I was doing well in A & P), and am taking Microbiology and Computer Science this summer. They just want to know that you are going to complete the prereqs in time. When you hear the statistics of how many people apply and how many are accepted (can't remember them exactly) it sounds as if it is super competitive. The reality is that they have a ton of requirements (I mean...computer science? really!?) so the main reason people are rejected is that they are missing too many admissions requirements.

They do have a guaranteed admissions policy, I believe your GPA has to be 3.0 and you need an 80 on the TEAS.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for the reply aarm. This really helps me out a lot. Hopefully I can get in right away to speak with an admissions counselor. My dreams of being a nurse are not far away!

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm currently a student as RES (started in jan.) Don't worry too much about the requirements to get in. I had a not so great gpa from my first degree, but got all As on my prereqs, which I was taking up until the dec. before I started. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call admissions. They're extremely helpful, and by talking to them I found out that I didn't need to take some of the prereqs, so ask before you sign yourself up!! It'll save you time and money! They really do want to help you and make sure you get in. If you don't meet the 3.O and what ever the TEAS score is, they review your file and the board makes a decision, so don't let the requirements deter you or make you think that you can't get in, they are flexible, but they are also getting more competitive, so the earlier you get your stuff in, the earlier they can get you signed up.

hope this helps and good luck!

Hey guys,

I'm currently a student as RES (started in jan.) Don't worry too much about the requirements to get in. I had a not so great gpa from my first degree, but got all As on my prereqs, which I was taking up until the dec. before I started. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call admissions. They're extremely helpful, and by talking to them I found out that I didn't need to take some of the prereqs, so ask before you sign yourself up!! It'll save you time and money! They really do want to help you and make sure you get in. If you don't meet the 3.O and what ever the TEAS score is, they review your file and the board makes a decision, so don't let the requirements deter you or make you think that you can't get in, they are flexible, but they are also getting more competitive, so the earlier you get your stuff in, the earlier they can get you signed up.

hope this helps and good luck!

ajryan how is your semester going so far, i am starting this fall. super excited. Do you have any tips for people just starting the program?

+ Add a Comment