Everest College

U.S.A. Arizona

Published

has anyone ever went to or no anything about this school out of Phoenix Az?????:bugeyes: Please help me out if you know anything at all Thank you

You will want to really be careful. Everest has just lost their national accreditation. I was very excited to start the program too but it, and Rio Salado I think both lost their national accreditation. Right now they are on hold for accepting applications to enroll. I guess it is a political thing, not due to the actual education. And what is worse is that it might start to spread to other private for-profit colleges.

Not so much for the worse. For too long for-profits have been charging extremely high tuition for substandard education. By the time students realize they've been scammed, it's too late. It's about time the government started to look at these "schools" more closely.

Specializes in ICU / PCU / Telemetry / Oncology.

seriously, commercials like these don't exactly represent everest as a place where i can get a quality rn education. they air dozens of times a day, even during the same program. i'm not surprised they are having accreditation issues now. these types of schools bank on the desperation of students that want to override the waitlists and the admissions process at regionally accredited schools. even if i am wrong in saying that everest offers a substandard education, i can guarantee you that the reputation the school gets with these commercials sticks with employers and limits a graduate's job opportunities greatly, considering the fact that there are so many other nursing graduates out there with degrees from more prestigious and established programs.

12yqy0sutp4

seriously, commercials like these don't exactly represent everest as a place where i can get a quality rn education. they air dozens of times a day, even during the same program. i'm not surprised they are having accreditation issues now. these types of schools bank on the desperation of students that want to override the waitlists and the admissions process at regionally accredited schools. even if i am wrong in saying that everest offers a substandard education, i can guarantee you that the reputation the school gets with these commercials sticks with employers and limits a graduate's job opportunities greatly, considering the fact that there are so many other nursing graduates out there with degrees from more prestigious and established programs.

12yqy0sutp4

i know; she annoys me every time.

An Everest location was discussed in the Frontline episode "College, Inc." I think it was in Florida. Three former nursing students are now suing the school because of misrepresentation; they said that their peds clinical was in a daycare - among other things.

Use your best judgment when it comes to these schools.

Well it is scary though because Rio Salado school also lost their accreditation too - thar is part of our community college system.... With the wait lists so long at the community colleges, it is going to get really bad if they will now be losing thier accreditation.

Specializes in Peds OR as RN, Peds ENT as NP.

Peds clinical in a daycare? WOW that is unbelievable:flmngmd:

Anything is believable when it comes to Everest. Once they get that government money for placing your body in one of their classes, they don't care if you learn or not. They don't care if you're eventually able to find a job or not. I wonder if one of the reasons the government is finally starting to scrutinize these places is because too many graduates are defaulting on their student loans because they can't find jobs (not because of the economy, because of this second-rate "education").

You know, some of us are on this site to gain accurate information in order to make important decisions. Those of you that make comments based on rumors, assumptions and opinions based on commercials are not helping.

The commercials that Everest currently (and incessantly) run on TV clearly do not convey the message that they are anything close to a reputable school. The people used in these commercials are the face of the institution, they seriously don't motivate me in the least to attend Everest. If Everest intends to present themselves as a quality institution, they need to severely clean up their TV presence, or get rid of it altogether. That factor alone creates a mockery of the school and the programs. The fact that they even approve such commercials to air makes me suspect that their education and administration are crap. I'd be embarrassed to have that school on my resume!

If a school has to run commercials on TV hundreds of times a day to recruit students, it's clear that they are after one thing and one thing only: YOUR MONEY. In terms of a nursing education, they basically prey on the desperate folks that are getting impatient with waiting lists and the competiton at the state schools. Any hopeful nurse that aspires to go on to graduate work in nursing knows better than to begin their career at this school.

The important decision that needs to be made? RUN the other way! But then again, it's not my money that you're going to spend :rolleyes:

Whether or not I agree with you about the commercials, my point is that if I wanted to hear a rant about cheaply made commercials or speculations about what they're after, I could go on pretty much any discussion site to do that. Your little tirade is not relevant in terms of proven statistics or facts about hiring or passing rates, etc. Btw, I'm not a student there, going to be a student there or an employee there. But you posters who jump on here with your random opinions aren't useful in giving proven information or sharing personal experience there as a student or potential student. I'm pretty sure people seriously considering attending that school aren't interested in speculations. THEY can do that! When you come up with some proven facts, statistics or personal experience THEN please DO share.

Specializes in RETIRED Cath Lab/Cardiology/Radiology.

Please keep posts to the thread subject and refrain from personal attacks.

Posts will be edited to comply with the Terms of Service:

"Freedom of Speech?

Although the constitution of the US guarantees that “Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech”, allnurses.com is not Congress. Freedom of speech rights do not extend to this privately owned website. The TOS/Guidelines of this website governs the behaviors and activities of the members. If you choose not to follow the guidelines agreed to during registration, the result is a disabling of your account.

Debates

We promote the idea of lively debate. This means you are free to disagree with anyone on any type of subject matter as long as your criticism is constructive and polite.

Personal Attacks

Our first priority is to the members that have come here because of the flame-free atmosphere we provide. There is a zero-tolerance policy here against personal attacks. We will not tolerate anyone insulting another individual's opinion nor name calling and will BAN repeat offenders."

Thank you.

+ Add a Comment