OHSU Accelerated Bachelors to Masters 2011

U.S.A. Oregon

Published

Anyone else applying to OHSU's accelerated bachelors program this year? The application seems to be open, though I'm not seeing a place to select a specialty within it.

Also, Cali (or anyone else) - the priority deadline for financial aid (scholarships) was March 1. If you're still thinking about attending, check out the SON finaid page and give them a ring to see if you can still apply. It's easy - FAFSA submission and an essay about how a scholarship will help you. I did the essays last weekend when I was laid up on the couch with the flu. So, don't wait until April to think about them... I'm sure sooner is better. I hope this helps!

I got the "alternate list" letter as well. It says they may make offers up through the first week of classes. So crazy.

I got a call today and I'm in for Psychiatric Mental Health acc bacc to DNP (which is odd because I applied to acc bacc to MSN, but oh well)!!! I also got a call from Yale offering admission today as well, and am currently in NY visiting Columbia for admitted students day. Decisions, decisions. :eek:

I know OHSU awards the BSN, and other schools that have accepted me don't. Does anyone know how important it is to have the BSN in addition to the MSN? Does it even matter in the grand scheme of things (I am most likely not taking time off during the program but will work after the 1st year)? I would hate to make a decision based solely off of this. Any info would be greatly appreciated =). Congrats to everyone who was accepted and gl to all those on the waitlist!

Junipers - any idea what you did right to get a financial aid package? I would assume getting the financial aid package is a very good sign :)

I was admitted for CNM but when I called the Financial Aid Office to ask about financial aid packages they said not to expect anything until April! OHSU is by far the most expensive of the programs I have been admitted to, but I loved it so much. I would love to be able to make it work if possible but don't know if I can justify the tuition difference.

Are you sure that it ends up being more with the cost of living difference? UCSF financial aid says most students in the CNM program take out $150k in loans over the three years. Isn't that fairly similar to OHSU?

I also got the alternate list letter today for midwifery.

Hey everyone. Congarts to those who got accepted! I got the PMHNP waitlist letter yesterday after calling the office Tuesday to check and see if they'd made decision. They said they were still working on it.

Does anyone know how many people are waitlisted?

For those of you accepted to OHSU, do you think you'll go? What other programs did you apply to? I read someone write Yale...any other recommendations for good ABSN-PMHNP programs that I'm mssing out on? If I don't get in I'm going to have to apply to more schools next year to broaden my chances, though OHSU is my number one choice.

Still waiting to hear about their ABSN program...we find out late March...then I think I can apply to PMHNP program while in the RN programs...but not sure.

Congrats again...sorry for all of the questions.

I also applied to the CNM program and have heard nothing either way...no interview, no denial letter...nothing...

weird.

Cheers,

Lauren:uhoh3:

Has anybody ever heard of someone being admitted from the waitlist for CNM? I am on it, and trying to be hopeful.

I've heard of people being accepted off the PMHNP waitlist and that cohort is about as small as CNM. My only concern for CNM is that it is the top school. Where else did you apply? I got denied ohsu CNM . Don't lOse hope though! Pmhnp said they could tell me I'm in as late as the first week of classes. Is that the case for CNM?

Good luck.

I've got my fingers crossed for you

L

Thanks Lola! I am on three waitlists at this point, but I've decided against one of the schools even if I get in. So, I probably won't be in nursing school this year, but it is still a possibility. Good luck to you too!

So did anyone send in their accept letter for a spot in ABM-CNM? Cause I did...

Can anyone send me any info on specifics of the accelerated program? I was accepted for the psych specialty, but they didn't arrange a day for us to visit, didn't send any info other than financial aid with the acceptance letter, and told me they were "busy processing undergraduate apps" when I asked if I could come visit the campus and meet an admissions counselor or someone who could give me program/school details. I am very hesitant to accept an offer from a school whose program I know nothing about and who basically tried to brush me off when I asked if I could make a trip out there to see for myself. Any info would be sooo helpful & greatly appreciated! Structure, 1st year plan, etc. Thanks guys :D

Can anyone send me any info on specifics of the accelerated program? I was accepted for the psych specialty, but they didn't arrange a day for us to visit, didn't send any info other than financial aid with the acceptance letter, and told me they were "busy processing undergraduate apps" when I asked if I could come visit the campus and meet an admissions counselor or someone who could give me program/school details. I am very hesitant to accept an offer from a school whose program I know nothing about and who basically tried to brush me off when I asked if I could make a trip out there to see for myself. Any info would be sooo helpful & greatly appreciated! Structure, 1st year plan, etc. Thanks guys :D

i found some info about it in this thread, which is just comparing it to another program. you're right, though - not much info out there. i'm drawn in because it's a high-ranking CNM program, and i love portland. wouldn't mind a little more info, though... i did send in a deposit and i'm planning on being there in june :) :redpinkhe

https://allnurses.com/general-nursing-student/ohsu-vs-linfield-502766.html

+ Add a Comment