Trinity University

U.S.A. Washington DC

Published

Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I am wondering if anyone has attended or is attending Trinity University's nursing program. What are your thoughts about the program. Thank you for sharing?

MissM472, BSN

44 Posts

Specializes in RN MPH CHES.

Hi, I know you asked this question more than a year ago, but my friend currently attends their program. She said she likes it, a little disorganized because the program is very new, but it's convenient and works really well with her schedule because it's in the evening (she works full-time). Also, my sister graduated from Trinity in '06 with a B.S. in Biology, her class was pretty small, but she liked it.

Honesty1

1 Post

I attend Trinity University, and the previous post is definatly accurate. The school's nursing program is a little disorganized due to its newness, however it is getting better. However, something that is important to take into account is that because the school is so new, it is not very established in regards to alliances with clinical sites. This just means that the available hospitals and times to do your clinicals are limited. However, the program is definatly very accomodating if you work during the day.

mailedc

74 Posts

Hi!

I just finished applying to Trinity University and I'm wondering two things. First, how many people are in the program? Second, how difficult is it to get into the program? I have a 3.25 GPA with 3.5 so far in my prerequisite classes from a pretty competative undergraduate university! I like everything I have heard about Trinity so far and I've had really good experiences working with their adminissions office. I would love any more information you have to share!

mailedc

74 Posts

Oops! I of course meant, competitive :-)

duckyerin80

3 Posts

Hi AMM430!

I also applied to Trinity nursing program! I am still waiting to hear from the school. I was told that I should know by end of this month tho.. When did you apply? I hope we both get in! I do like the fact that Trinity offers pt & evening classes so I can still keep my full time job and go to school at the same time. I know two friends who go to Trinity (not a nursing program) and they both luv it! I actually request the nursing information guide but haven't received it yet.

anyways, good luck! keep me posted if you hear anything from school!

Thanks

mailedc

74 Posts

My application was complete as of February 18 and they told me I should hear "very soon" and another person told me that it would probably be two weeks after my application is complete, so maybe March 4! I really hope that's when I hear back because it's only a week away. I really hope we both get in too! I'll let you know if I hear anything! Are you applying to any other schools in the area?

duckyerin80

3 Posts

I see.. Maybe I should call them tomorrow cuz I applied end of Jan. It has been more than 2 weeks..

No..I only applied to Trinity because I want to keep my full time job. I couldn't find any other schools that offers evening programs.. how about you? Is Trinity your first choice as well?

mailedc

74 Posts

Definitely call them! I just called and they told me I have been accepted. Let me know how it turns out for you!

duckyerin80

3 Posts

I just got a call today. I got accepted too! =) I am so happy cuz Trinity was my first choice!

Let me know if you decide to go there as well! =) Congrats to both of us!!! ^^

mailedc

74 Posts

Congrats!!! I'll let you know what I end up deciding! I have a couple of other schools that I'm waiting to hear from!

mailedc

74 Posts

I'm meeting with somebody at Trinity on Friday afternoon to discuss how the program would work for me. I guess we will talk about what classes I need to take and how long it would take me to complete the program etc. I haven't visited yet, so I'm excited to see their facilities and stuff. Have you visited? What do you know about the program other than that they are newish and part time?

+ Add a Comment