OHSU Accelerated Bachelors to Masters 2011

U.S.A. Oregon

Published

Anyone else applying to OHSU's accelerated bachelors program this year? The application seems to be open, though I'm not seeing a place to select a specialty within it.

yep, i put the login name there.

are you doing all of your essays single-spaced within the suggested page length? i asked a few friends to read my essays last week, and they were all AMAZED that a program would want so many pages of essays. but i've checked my return email several times over and i swear that's what the admissions office said to do!

good luck finishing it all up! it sure is fun to think you and i are the only two applying to the CNM program... right!?

haha, just kidding all you lurkers ;) good luck to the whole lot of ya as well!

Lurker here, and last minute essay writer! I thought the Yale essay was fairly difficult, but the amount of essay required for OHSU trumps Yale. Hopefully this means that not too many people will put in the effort and it will just be us three! As far as stating our speciality on the app, there is a space for us to write nurse-midwifery just under all of their socio-economic questions on the last page. I almost didn't find it. Good luck to you both (although by your user names I am guessing that you both already have some experience, and OHSU loves that)! I am just starting out as a volunteer doula at my local hospital, but hopefully they'll like me anyway.

- Junipers

I sent in my application yesterday! Are either of you applying for scholarships? I didn't realize that the scholarship page required an essay until I was getting ready to leave for the post office. I wrote something really fast, but it wasn't my best work. There were so many dang essays for this application!

I found out Thursday night that I'd passed the IBCLC exam, so I did get to add my new letters to my resume. Hopefully that will help!

wait! isn't there a deadline on that scholarship application of february 15? did i totally screw that up?

Ummm...yeah. You are right. I'm a spaz!

Specializes in Med Surg, Home Health.

OHSU has a space between the paragraph question and the essay requirements, so I am going to go ahead and say they're separate. But I may have to eat my words on that one if the computer rejects my essay for length! LOL

OHSU has a space between the paragraph question and the essay requirements, so I am going to go ahead and say they're separate. But I may have to eat my words on that one if the computer rejects my essay for length! LOL

Wait, have you not turned your application in yet? I thought they were due on the first? Did I not sleep for three days prior to the deadline just for 'fun'?

by the way, i just realized that you might be applying for the psych/mental health NP track... and if that's the case and i made your heart race unnecessarily, i'm really sorry. :)

Hello. I applied to the ABSN to MSN in midwifery and got a call from OHSU today recommending that I also apply to the ABSN to DNP in midwifery program. Did anyone else get a similar call?

I also applied to the Yale GEPN program. Has anyone heard anything from them? Thanks and good luck.

i got the same call today, yes. are you thinking about doing it? but wow for just a brief moment it was fun to imagine they were calling for another reason... haven't heard anything from yale, either.

Yes. It was exciting. Have you found information on the AccBac to DNP program on the OHSU website? I found the admission requirements, but not specific information about the program.

Thanks.

Do you think OHSU contacted all of the AB to Masters applicants or just some based on their qualifications?

+ Add a Comment