DePaul's MENP questions

U.S.A. Illinois

Published

Okay so I had some questions that I was hoping actual graduates of this program could help me with in regards to admission, since the answers Im tending to get from representatives at the school could be more on the sunny side of the road. Anyways, I have a BS from MSU in Human Biology and have for the past 3 years working as a laboratory technician (research not clinical) for a local University. I recently took my GRE and obviously my cognitive writing skills have suffered since leaving school because, I got a 3.5 on the essay portion. The MENP site says that they want you to have a 4 and I was wondering if there are any real life examples on here of people gaining entry with a 3.5. I know DePaul can be more accepting of that other places and I was just wondering how true that actually is. I know they must have higher than normal application numbers given the economy...

Still crossing my fingers though

Thanks!

I hadn't recieved any login info either. I called the technology center at 312-362-8765 and they provided me with login information. Then login in using the link above! Good luck!

Thanks! I called and got a login and saw the same screen,...so hopefully that's good news...!

Yeah, I actually received neither a letter or email, but when I checked my campus connect, I had the links for immunizations and admitted students. Then I called grad admissions just to make sure and they confirmed I got in. :clown: An actual letter would be nice though... Either way, I filled out the Intent to Enroll form and got my confirmation email, so hopefully everything should be golden!

wow! I am surprised they are not sending out an official letter at all. Jeannie25, there is no deadline for my immunizations that I can see, it just has a list in a spreadsheet with all of the information not received. Also, has anyone else had a problem with the "next steps for enrollment" or the website for new students selection not linking to any page?

Yes, I am having problems with that page loading too. I was wondering if that meant that I wasn't actually "in". When I log on it also has a tab for both applied and admitted too...a letter would be nice to know for sure!

I was actually just about to post about this :) I actually did the live chat with DePaul graduate admissions to ask about a confirmation, and they said if you were accepted on the campus connect then you were in!!! Congrats to everyone that has this!!! They also said that official letters went in the mail today, so probably expect them in the next few days.

Tulip19- I think you were also on the UIC GEP forum with me for PNP wait list? If so, are you going to wait at all or just send it in right away? I can't decide what to do..

I also logged into campus connect and saw the immunization link and admitted students link so I called and was told I was accepted. What a relief! Does anyone know about on campus housing availability?

The Next Steps link for me was broken too. I did some searching around and found the Intent to Enroll form and most of the information here:

DePaul University College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: Newly Admitted Graduate Students

I don't know anything about campus housing... it definitely sounds convenient though. I want to live in the Lincoln Park area but it's gonna cost me an arm & a leg!

Specializes in Urgent Care NP, Emergency Nursing, Camp Nursing.
I also logged into campus connect and saw the immunization link and admitted students link so I called and was told I was accepted. What a relief! Does anyone know about on campus housing availability?

On-campus housing...is nonexistent for graduate students. While I'm sure you could get into the dorms if you really wanted, the only space DePaul has set aside for grad students is downtown in the Loop, and even then it can be hit-or-miss. You're better off coming to Chicago sometime before classes start, crashing with someone you know, and finding an apartment in the city. Lincoln Park is expensive to live in, but the campus is right on top of the Fullerton L stop, so you can get to campus from most of the North Side relatively easily. I'm a fan of Edgewater and Rodgers Park, but students live all over.

Ok thanks Squire. Do you know anything about the average age of people in the program? I am hoping I can maybe get in touch with someone from the program and possibly live with them.

Specializes in Urgent Care NP, Emergency Nursing, Camp Nursing.

Most people have been out of undergrad for a few years before starting it, though there are a few who have been out 8+ years and a few who enter right out of undergrad.

As for finding people to room with - good luck, I tried and didn't get anyone. Then again, there are only 5 other guys in the cohort, one of which is married, one of which didn't make it to orientation, so perhaps as a female you'll have better luck.

CAgail- I currently live in Lakeview and I love this area too. While it is more expensive than Rogers Park or Edgewater, as a small girl who is sometimes walking alone at night, I feel a lot safer living in this area. I would say if you choose to go that far north just be careful in which spot you decide on because certain parts of it become slightly more sketchy, especially at night.

Other good areas that are slightly cheaper than where I am at are near the Addison red line and the Southport brown line stop.

+ Add a Comment