filipino nurse seeking registration to WESTERN australia

World Registration

Published

i'm a filipino nurse searching thread about wa nurses here and i found out that the one and only post available was also mine.. hahaha.. so i thought of starting another one... most of threads are for the whole australia.. this is specifically for wa

this thread is intended for those who are seeking registration to nmbwa. wanurses are most welcome in this thread.. we want to hear from you and those who are currently undertaking bp...

hope that we can guide each and everyone..:nurse:

Specializes in Aged Care.

i did the bridging for 8 weeks. i couldnt imagine how a filipino nurse with no experience can survive it. as i have said, not a walk in the park.. oh boy 8 bloody sleepless weeks...

i did the bridging for 8 weeks. i couldnt imagine how a filipino nurse with no experience can survive it. as i have said, not a walk in the park.. oh boy 8 bloody sleepless weeks...

At least you now have a license. Congrats. Where did you have your bp? What are your plans now?

I think almost everyone who did their bp had a walk on the desert. I've heard of cumlaudes too saying that bp is very very difficult. In contrary, there are fresh graduates from my uni who said that bp is just like our rle duty. I think it also depends on the bp providers and your current knowledge and competence. Difficult is subjective anyway. But at 11k, I'd rather go for the 5.5k very very long conversion. Coz I get every worth of the money. Hehe. But if I get rejected bec I have no letter of eligibilty or the slots are full for July then it's hello to extreme stress and back to sleepless nights. I hope qld and Vic are not having financial mismgt

Specializes in Aged Care.

thanks.. oh am just sending applications here and there.. will go to melbourne or nsw rural if i cant get a job here in wa.

Hi guys,

I'm also on the NMBWA route and I've read this thread. Seems that everyone prefers to do their one year conversion program in CUrtin. I'd like to know what can you say about Edith Cowan University?? It seems like a good university too like Curtin. The reason why I asked is that I already got my offer letter from this university for July intake and I am pressed for time in applying for my level 2 assessment 573 visa. Anyone who can guide me with the visa application? I will be doing this alone and not thru an agency...

Hope anyone can help me.. Thanks!

Hi guys,

I'm also on the NMBWA route and I've read this thread. Seems that everyone prefers to do their one year conversion program in CUrtin. I'd like to know what can you say about Edith Cowan University?? It seems like a good university too like Curtin. The reason why I asked is that I already got my offer letter from this university for July intake and I am pressed for time in applying for my level 2 assessment 573 visa. Anyone who can guide me with the visa application? I will be doing this alone and not thru an agency...

Hope anyone can help me.. Thanks!

Curtin is a premiere uni in wa and internationally recognized. They are also the leading uni in health sciences. But the tuition is eye popping. 25.8k by feb 2012 that's why people who can't afford curtin ends up in ECU bec it's cheaper there. 18k. If time is a problem you can simply move your course to feb 2010 and pay for your tuition now to get your COE. You should apply for the student visa 457 so you can work 20 hrs per week. But the application for this visa is rigorous and takes 2 mos. But with ample time you'll do fine. Don't expect your part time work here to support your educ. And with wa's current economy, work is difficult to come by. You need 18k show money also for your 457. But whatever your decision is good luck. See you down under

Thank you terdjay for the feedback :) Will still try for the July intake if everything will go smoothly. I think ECU is also a good and reputable university. Really, is it hard to get a part time job there? How are you doing so far? Have you started with your classes at Curtin already??

Typo errors: 25.8k by 2011, move to feb 2011

You may want to ask the help of idp. It's free. I'm not familiar with your visa so I can't advise you of anything.

Work here in Perth is very difficult to come by not only in nursing. There are plenty of unemployed Aussies and pr here so crime rate is increasing. You also see Aussies cleaning the windshields at traffic lights like those you see in the streets in metro mnla.

I'm still waiting for my eligibility letter which curtin is requiring me. This is not required for int'l applicants. Don't know why. But I see this as nuts. ECU is cheaper so that's a good option.

Thank you terdjay. I have asked the help of IDP. However, it won't be free anymore if I avail of their service at this point since I have already lodged my application on my own. They say they give the service for free if it was lodged by them. However, they can still process my application and visa papers but with a fee if I decide to course it thru them.

ANyway, I might just do it on my own. BAsed on what you've said about work, am just hoping and praying that I'll be able to find work when there already. Hope that there will be many opportunities for us once we finish the conversion program and get our license :)

Well with natl reg in place, let's take advantage of it and seek opportunities in all states.

Hello guys,

To those who were able to secure their student visa, how were you able to show evidence/access to funds? Will a bank statement from my aunt in the US suffice coz the funds will be coming from them. What other financial documents should be secured in relation to this? Please help. Thanks :)

hi there! I'm nina and I'm a nurse from the Philippines. I just received my offer letter from Curtin Uni last week and I have until may 31 to enroll. However I'm still indecisive as of the moment because I've also applied at Murdoch and have not received a response from them yet. Between the two, the latter is a lot cheaper. For those who are knowledgeable on this matter, which is better, curtin or murdoch? also, do you have an idea what happens after conversion? do i need to go back to the philippines while awaiting for nmbwa to register me? how long does one need to wait to get registered? is it difficult to look for an employer afterwards? my worry is we'll be spending a big amount of money but what if in the end I still can not find an employer that would sponsor my working visa? somebody help me please...

+ Add a Comment