filipino nurse seeking registration to WESTERN australia

World Registration

Published

i'm a filipino nurse searching thread about wa nurses here and i found out that the one and only post available was also mine.. hahaha.. so i thought of starting another one... most of threads are for the whole australia.. this is specifically for wa

this thread is intended for those who are seeking registration to nmbwa. wanurses are most welcome in this thread.. we want to hear from you and those who are currently undertaking bp...

hope that we can guide each and everyone..:nurse:

Specializes in Aged Care.

miks103, if you can afford to do the conversion at curtin, do it soonest. you wont regret it.

miks103, if you can afford to do the conversion at curtin, do it soonest. you wont regret it.

Hi javRN, yes I will, actually I am still pushing through my application for eligibility in NSW (since my sister is a PR there, it would save me alot of costs), but I already applied yesterday in Murdoch just so I have a fallback if I don't qualify for the BP. I will also apply in Curtin, I just need to have my documents certified true copy first. Murdoch asked me to send them online scanned copies of my original documents, now Curtin is asking scanned copies of Certified True Copies...aiks.. I just hope to get assessed first and decide later which one I will choose :)

Hi javRN, yes I will, actually I am still pushing through my application for eligibility in NSW (since my sister is a PR there, it would save me alot of costs), but I already applied yesterday in Murdoch just so I have a fallback if I don't qualify for the BP. I will also apply in Curtin, I just need to have my documents certified true copy first. Murdoch asked me to send them online scanned copies of my original documents, now Curtin is asking scanned copies of Certified True Copies...aiks.. I just hope to get assessed first and decide later which one I will choose :)

best of luck miks! may the force be with you..

There is no overstaffing of hospitals here. Just underbudgeting. *sigh*

And they call themselves public servants?

There is no overstaffing of hospitals here. Just underbudgeting. *sigh*

And they call themselves public servants?

In the public sector, nurses are overworked because they are understaffed and they can't complain because there is a long list of applicants. Even if the nurse managers would want to hire RNs, their hands are tied simply because of the budget cuts. It is ironic because the nurse managers would resort to getting nurses from nursing agencies like Nursing Australia, Mediserve, Hendercare etc.. and the government would have to pay twice as much for the salaries of Agency Nurses. I really hope the politics in WA gov. health will change. On the other hand, in the private sector, hospitals are overstaffed. One reason is that they did a good job in recruiting Irish and English nurses two years ago. and the Irish and English are still coming over. Nurses from Ireland and Uk do not need to undergo a bridging course/conversion program in WA as long as their registration in their countries are current and as long as they are employed as full time RNs for the immediate six months prior to lodging the application with NMBWA.

but surely conditions will change. Fiona Stanley hospital down south will be in operation in 2 years and a staff of 3000 will be needed. there will also be a new hospital up north... cheers

In the public sector, nurses are overworked because they are understaffed and they can't complain because there is a long list of applicants. Even if the nurse managers would want to hire RNs, their hands are tied simply because of the budget cuts. It is ironic because the nurse managers would resort to getting nurses from nursing agencies like Nursing Australia, Mediserve, Hendercare etc.. and the government would have to pay twice as much for the salaries of Agency Nurses. I really hope the politics in WA gov. health will change. On the other hand, in the private sector, hospitals are overstaffed. One reason is that they did a good job in recruiting Irish and English nurses two years ago. and the Irish and English are still coming over. Nurses from Ireland and Uk do not need to undergo a bridging course/conversion program in WA as long as their registration in their countries are current and as long as they are employed as full time RNs for the immediate six months prior to lodging the application with NMBWA.

but surely conditions will change. Fiona Stanley hospital down south will be in operation in 2 years and a staff of 3000 will be needed. there will also be a new hospital up north... cheers

When Fiona Stanley comes in operation, rph will be closed because of budget constraints. So the 6000++ staffs of rph will all be layed off. And where will they go? To Fiona stanley, the newly renovated SCGH, and joondalup hospital at the north. Rph is currently blocking their early closure but whatever they do, there isn't really enough budget. Goodbye to rph soon. This is wa politics. Qnc is aleady advertising here to recruit rph's highly trained staffs. Let's see how things will turn up.

Oh boy! that's what i meant by overstaffing..that's why i'm starting to consider going to victoria or nsw... but i'm still crossing my fingers to land a job here in Perth.. I just love the place. great place for kids to grow up.... I hope this will not discourage our fellow Filipino Nurses trying their luck in OZ.. It took me 2 years to get into a bridging program, i was denied once and and some of my co-filipinos twice or thrice... now that i'm registerd, suddenly there are no jobs.. tsk tsk... as you have said it is never a walk in the park. wish me luck and please do pray for me..

When Fiona Stanley comes in operation, rph will be closed because of budget constraints. So the 6000++ staffs of rph will all be layed off. And where will they go? To Fiona stanley, the newly renovated SCGH, and joondalup hospital at the north. Rph is currently blocking their early closure but whatever they do, there isn't really enough budget. Goodbye to rph soon. This is wa politics. Qnc is aleady advertising here to recruit rph's highly trained staffs. Let's see how things will turn up.

so what do you reckon,will employment opportunities here in Perth stabilize soon as you have said in your earlier post or will it be as bleak as it can get? i dont know whether i should cheer up or get depressed.:):confused:

Oh boy! that's what i meant by overstaffing..that's why i'm starting to consider going to victoria or nsw... but i'm still crossing my fingers to land a job here in Perth.. I just love the place. great place for kids to grow up.... I hope this will not discourage our fellow Filipino Nurses trying their luck in OZ.. It took me 2 years to get into a bridging program, i was denied once and and some of my co-filipinos twice or thrice... now that i'm registerd, suddenly there are no jobs.. tsk tsk... as you have said it is never a walk in the park. wish me luck and please do pray for me..

do you have your nmbwa licnse already? Where did you do your bridging?

Electricity, water, gas and house rent in Perth will be shooting up soon. Thnx to our wa premiere overspending now the Perth people are bearing the costs

so what do you reckon,will employment opportunities here in Perth stabilize soon as you have said in your earlier post or will it be as bleak as it can get? i dont know whether i should cheer up or get depressed.:):confused:

Election is on the way so let's be optimistic with the new batch of politicians. This is only temporary because nothing on the universe is permanent right? Haha

On one hand cheer up because life is too short to be depressed. I'm worried too after my bridging/conversion. If the situation doesn't solve by then, it's bye bye wa and hello Vic, nsw, and qld.

haha.. well i'm always on the half-full side...Still i am so thankful i already got my NMBWA license, and even if the National Registration won't happen this July ( I would bet on it because the stateboards just cant agree with one another), i can simply apply for mutual recognition thru the transtasman mutual recognition act in any state including NZ. The prospects in vic, qld, and nsw are still good. Of course i should cheer up because i've come this far even though it was one hell of a ride.whew! and i realize i am just at the beginning of the OZ dream.

haha.. well i'm always on the half-full side...Still i am so thankful i already got my NMBWA license, and even if the National Registration won't happen this July ( I would bet on it because the stateboards just cant agree with one another), i can simply apply for mutual recognition thru the transtasman mutual recognition act in any state including NZ. The prospects in vic, qld, and nsw are still good. Of course i should cheer up because i've come this far even though it was one hell of a ride.whew! and i realize i am just at the beginning of the OZ dream.

No the national registration will come to full force by July and nothing can stop that. They've already agreed that all programs leading to registration in each states will all be recognized and they ensured that no state is at disadvantage. The only problem by then is the requirement for overseas nurses to practice here. Will they still accept fresh graduates, 2nd coursers, no experience, those kind of stuffs.

Did you do your bridging or conversion?

Transmutual act will be your best option at the moment.

Well at least if I get my license it will already be valid everywhere. Hurrah! That is if there's a job available.

Haha

+ Add a Comment