filipino nurse seeking registration to WESTERN australia

World Registration

Published

i'm a filipino nurse searching thread about wa nurses here and i found out that the one and only post available was also mine.. hahaha.. so i thought of starting another one... most of threads are for the whole australia.. this is specifically for wa

this thread is intended for those who are seeking registration to nmbwa. wanurses are most welcome in this thread.. we want to hear from you and those who are currently undertaking bp...

hope that we can guide each and everyone..:nurse:

@terdjay im hoping for july but if its not possible then i'd probably fix my status first with the board. it's pretty convenient that both have the same requirements

Gud luck. Keep us updated

terdjay, do local students really pay only 5.5k? you mean tuition for them is cheaper? please enlighten me because my spouse is currently having his visa 176 (immigrant) processed, i did wonder if I'd wait first for the immigrant visa then pursue my RN dream in Aus or prepare myself as early as now.

Make sure that your spouse falls under the skilled workers or professionals to reach the required points. If you can reach the points then it's wise to wait. But if not prepare yourself as early as now for back up if things don't go accdng to plans.

Yes locals only pay 5.5k that's why I prefer this than the 11k bp in nbv. Because I get every value of my parents money. Imagine a year worth of info for just 5.5k. This is bargain mate. Nursing is the most subsidized of all professions here.

I'll apply even w/o the letter. If I'm rejected then I'll go to deakin by Jan next yr instead.

@terdjay

yeah.. actually even if my spouse gets our visa approved, I don't think he can immediately find a job by then...as an Accountant in Ph he will alsol needsto have a "conversion" program as well so If I go ahead getting my RN then I'd be able to support his schooling later too...

Jay, can you please guide me how to go about the application in Curtin? Am I supposed to send necessary documents by post? or do they have online submission? Murdoch Uni got the online submission... I'm also applying there. You are right to say earlier that what's important is getting the letter of offer first then later decide, so I might as well try Curtin too.

Thanks in advance :)

Go to idp and they'll help you for free. This is your best and practical option in applying to any uni here.

There are plenty of jobs for accountants here in perth and it's a needed skill. If his bridging is less than a year it would be wise if he goes first. If you want to come first then opt for nbv instead for the 3 mos bridging. Everything will depend on the money you currently have. As I see it it's a win win situation actually. But both of you will definitely burn a lot of money here. Well that's aus. Money talks

@terdjay

Is the BP in NBV still ongoing? I thought the BP is going to be stopped already? For both Curtin and NBV, any idea if they require experience? I'm a 2nd courser with no hospital experience yet...

@terdjay

Is the BP in NBV still ongoing? I thought the BP is going to be stopped already? For both Curtin and NBV, any idea if they require experience? I'm a 2nd courser with no hospital experience yet...

bp is still ongoing. But the queue is very long. If you're middle aged 2nd courser with no experience I would suggest conversion because bp slots are very very competitive. All conversion doesn't require experience. Don't believe their websites asking for 1-3 yrs experience.

for murdoch, i think they require one year experience for their conversion program.

Specializes in ER / RENAL / ICU.

most conversion programs have a requirement for experience i think

Specializes in Aged Care.

for conversion programs selection criteria varies from one provider to another. work experience is an advantage but may not be necessarily required. but for BP due to its very competetive nature, and long wait list, long acute care experience would greatly increase your chances. In western australia however, the earliest possible BP program will be in 2012. It is quite difficult to get job sponsorship in WA as of the moment.. it is a fact. even in rural areas...

I found out that since last year wa is having financial mismanagement. Rph was threatened to be closed and of all departments, they cut the budget of public health. Graduate programs are also very limited. Very ironic considering the mining boom here. We need new politicians here right now. I suggest you just do your conversion here then transfer to other states where they'll welcome you with open arms. Prince Alfred in Sydney is a good place to start inquiring while doing your conversion. But this situation is only temporary anyway. It shouldn't discourage you from applying here. Coz when the mining boom reaches its peak, things will stabilize again. Wa population is growing and growing bec of new immigrants coming everyday. Wa is currently the land of milk and honey in aus. By next year, queensland will also go into mining boom. Where there's people, there's hospital.

Specializes in Aged Care.

the difficulty in finding employment in Perth is only temporary, i agree with you terdjay. the mining industry has actually slowed down in the past two years but it is now picking up and will be in full swing in the next two years. There is a freeze- hiring of RNs in the public sector especially for entry level but they do accept lots of applications. The forecast is that they will need more RNs again by 2012-13. In the Private hospitals, would you believe, in St. John of God, in all their branches, subiaco, murdoch, bunbury etc... there are no vacancies? this has never happened before. two years ago, St John system would want to hire you even if you have no acute care experience as long as you are registered by NMBWA. Even the Aged care industry will now require working experience on top of your NMBWA registration. the Ramsay system like Hollywood, Joondalup HC etc, is over staffed. Same thing at Mercy. This is one of the reasons why RPH and Hollywood PH temporarily stopped their short term bridging programs. But still it would be a good idea to start with the conversion program at curtin, ecu or murdoch if your financial resources would allow you. I personally wanted to do the conversion if i had the money. But my circumstances led to to another path. Good luck to you guys and I am pretty sure the conditions will be different by the time you finish the program. in nursing, just like anything in life, there are highs and lows... let's just do what we can do at the present moment. Cheers! and hey terdjay, you are quite a winner!

+ Add a Comment