filipino nurse seeking registration to WESTERN australia

World Registration

Published

i'm a filipino nurse searching thread about wa nurses here and i found out that the one and only post available was also mine.. hahaha.. so i thought of starting another one... most of threads are for the whole australia.. this is specifically for wa

this thread is intended for those who are seeking registration to nmbwa. wanurses are most welcome in this thread.. we want to hear from you and those who are currently undertaking bp...

hope that we can guide each and everyone..:nurse:

Ohh.. i reckon the staffs closed the thread not because of you enquiring for something... they did that to clean the threads, they're against personal attacks here, you see. Ive been lurking on that topic too. :)

oh, well i guess you're right..honestly, i felt bad when they closed it though..:)i have read the personal attacks that were in the previous pages. i just hope they help each other rather than engage in a feud. afterall, this thread was created in order to provide info and extend help to other nurses.

confirmed..i just received an email from the marketing relations officer and this was her response.:up::up::up:

as we no longer offer the 6 months bridging program, you do not need the letter from nmbwa before you can start this course.

all you have to do is to send in your certified documents by post and pay your fees. once that is done, we will send you a confirmation of enrolment for you to apply for your visa and you can come in july 2010 to start your course.

[/quote

i received an email from curtin not once but twice requiring me a letter of eligibilty. i would be going to curtin personally then to confirm this because it's confusing me and everyone here as well

Specializes in Neuroscience,Aged Care, General Nursing.
confirmed..i just received an email from the marketing relations officer and this was her response.:up::up::up:

as we no longer offer the 6 months bridging program, you do not need the letter from nmbwa before you can start this course.

all you have to do is to send in your certified documents by post and pay your fees. once that is done, we will send you a confirmation of enrolment for you to apply for your visa and you can come in july 2010 to start your course.

[/quote

i received an email from curtin not once but twice requiring me a letter of eligibilty. i would be going to curtin personally then to confirm this because it's confusing me and everyone here as well

sorry to confuse you as the response was pertaining to my application and im not really sure if it applies to other applicants.anyway, please ask them personally and let us know. thanks. godbless. :up::up::up:

Sorry to confuse you as the response was pertaining to my application and im not really sure if it applies to other applicants.Anyway, please ask them personally and let us know. Thanks. Godbless. :up::up::up:

How come your application don't need the letter and the others need it? Who emailed this to you? Can you pls pm to me the name and position because I'm going to ask about this person when I go to curtin. And also, do you have letter of eligibility from other states? Thanks in advance

Specializes in Neuroscience,Aged Care, General Nursing.

How come your application don't need the letter and the others need it? Who emailed this to you? Can you pls pm to me the name and position because I'm going to ask about this person when I go to curtin. And also, do you have letter of eligibility from other states? Thanks in advance

I don't have a letter of eligibility from other states. Those with eligibility letter were entitled 6 months bridging program which they do not offer anymore; I believe the last batch was July of last year. The conversion program is a 1 year study different from the Bridging program, but both lead to registration as a division 1 nurse. I pm'ed you her contact details coz im not allowed to post it here.Hehehe :up::up::D

I don't have a letter of eligibility from other states. Those with eligibility letter were entitled 6 months bridging program which they do not offer anymore; I believe the last batch was July of last year. The conversion program is a 1 year study different from the Bridging program, but both lead to registration as a division 1 nurse. I pm'ed you her contact details coz im not allowed to post it here.Hehehe :up::up::D

thanks. I'm gonna email this person and go to curtin tom and ask how on earth int'l studets get to apply with no letter while local students should have this. I think curtin prefers int'l students bec they earn more from them. 23k vs 5.5k. No wonder their population is 90% int'l. In the end even great public schools are just business and money making machines

Specializes in ER / RENAL / ICU.

ok... now i'm interested :) May I know what the requirements are? I already took the IELTS exam and I'm eligible. (just short of the .5 needed for a score of 7 in the written part). I also have on year experience. I really have no idea what to do. Any help or advice would be appreciated. (I tried going over the curtin nursing conversion page but it's down)

Submit the same docu that you'll submit to nmbwa together with your application form. Or go to idp and they'll help you for free.

I emailed IDP about it. Thanks :)

I emailed IDP about it. Thanks :)

Are you enrolling in curtin? What month are you eyeing on?

thanks. I'm gonna email this person and go to curtin tom and ask how on earth int'l studets get to apply with no letter while local students should have this. I think curtin prefers int'l students bec they earn more from them. 23k vs 5.5k. No wonder their population is 90% int'l. In the end even great public schools are just business and money making machines

terdjay, do local students really pay only 5.5k? you mean tuition for them is cheaper? please enlighten me because my spouse is currently having his visa 176 (immigrant) processed, i did wonder if I'd wait first for the immigrant visa then pursue my RN dream in Aus or prepare myself as early as now.

@terdjay im hoping for july but if its not possible then i'd probably fix my status first with the board. it's pretty convenient that both have the same requirements

+ Add a Comment