sex in the work place...really?

Nurses Relations

Published

You are reading page 9 of sex in the work place...really?

tthor5220

86 Posts

Heard of office affairs happening on site, but never had any confirmation of them. Not at all a surprising thing. Work is a natural setting for human interaction at all kinds of levels!

Specializes in MDS RNAC, LTC, Psych, LTAC.
WOW! I live a boring existence.

Me too Smilingblueyes me too. I have been an RN 10 years no action... Well at work anyhow but I get in enough trouble otherwise... LOL this is a funny thread but every time I have ever heard about a tryst in places I have worked. They either quit one or both or with physicians and nurses both get fired. I have never been attracted to any doctors I have worked with either... Maybe I am dead.... dont know... LOL :)

makingitright

39 Posts

Yes, these things do happen. But my policy has always been and still is to mind my own business and do my own thing. As to me...I haven't, I could have, but I did not. Anything is possible, just not with a Dr though, what egomaniacs they are.

Ace587RN, RN

602 Posts

Specializes in ED.

Yes yes it does happen. That empty room by the hall, and some nurses dissappear on the unit. One time the call bell came from an empty room. Needless to say, there was a "code" going on.

Specializes in ICU, CCU, ER, PACU, tele, PSYCH.

I cant even get a lunch break so how would a sex break fit in..

Specializes in MDS RNAC, LTC, Psych, LTAC.

Exactly I was thinking that myself I cant even go to the bathroom sometimes

muffylpn

129 Posts

I did not read all the posts but it's has happened more than 1 time where I

work-the people are not as pretty as they r on tv

bradleau

146 Posts

Specializes in Med/surg, ER/ED,rehab ,nursing home.

I have heard rumors about a doctor in the stairwell with a nurse and missing his critical page on a patient. Another actually made the courts at another hospital were a patient was negelected in recovery and got brain damaged. The wife stormed in wondering why her husband was not back to his room and found the two nurses "going at it". As for affairs going on in a hospital, one jilted guy nurse came after his girlfriend nurse with a gun.

But honestly these programs such as Greys Anatomy and Private Practice , are way too much in the sex department. There may be some of this going on, but I think a lot of it is the writers imagination.

LTC Lady

25 Posts

Specializes in Long Term Care/Mental Health.

Sad to say it does happen where I work! Staff have been found in stairwells, tub rooms, and GASP in a comatose patients room. In the case of the latter the nurse no longer works with us.

silverbat

617 Posts

Specializes in Care Coordination, MDS, med-surg, Peds.

Sex at work?? Oh I am sure it happens!!!!!! However, since I barely have time to pee, I can't imagine when I would have time for a "quickie"!!!! (Hummm a "micro-quickie")????????

armyicurn

331 Posts

Specializes in ICU-my whole life!!.

:usarm: don't ask, don't tell.

uscgtrucker

15 Posts

One of the other cna's and I are always flirting back and forth and joke around about dissappearing into one of the empty rooms but never have followed thru. We do however have a couple coworkers that hook up on a regular basis but they do that outside of work so don't know if that counts.

+ Add a Comment