Western Carolina Interview

Nursing Students SRNA

Published

Greetings,

I was invited to interview at Western Carolina University and was wondering if anyone might be willing to share their interview experience with me.

I am curious to know if I should expect clinical questions, personal questions or both. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sallie

I'm interviewing too... word on the street is:

Describe a patient scenario. What interventions did you provide? Know hemodynamic responses, PA catheter numbers if available, pharmacologic minutia. Sound like they'll drill down to the nitty gritty on pressors, inotropes and other relevant details. I believe the interview will be clinically oriented.

Other questions I've heard asked seem pretty standard: Why this profession? Strengths and weaknesses? etc.

Best of luck to both of us... is WCU your primary choice?

Thanks for the info. I am really looking forward to my interview.

Western is my first choice. I'm hopeful.

What about you? Where else are you applying.

Good luck!

-Sallie

Got an interview at Duke on the 31st. When is your interview at WCU?

B

I'm set to interview tomorrow morning. How about you?

Is Duke or Western your top choice? Just curious.

Good luck in your interviews!

-Sallie

Hey Sallie,

I interview at WCU on Friday morning. I've been studying up on stuff. How about you? I hope that it goes great for you tomorrow...I'll be driving down from Indianapolis. What hospital do you work at and are you in the ICU? I work in the SICU at Simon Cancer Center at IU Medical Center in Indy. Let me know how things go. I interview at 9:00 on Friday.

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your kind words. I wish you well on Friday.

I've been studying for the past few weeks, mainly CCRN review books. Currently, I live in Asheville and work at Mission in NTICU.

Safe travels and good luck!

-Sallie

Hey Sallie... I work in CVICU at MH too. Used to work occasionally in NTICU when I was in the staffing pool. How're you liking your new setting?

Did Mark apply? We took a GRE prep class together.

I thought I replied to your post earlier, but don't see it. I interview at 0800 tomorrow. First one. Hitting the sack now. I bet I'll be up at 0300...

Hey Sallie,

How did things go? I hope they went well. They called me and gave me an invitation to attend. So I'm kinda excited about that...nervous though cause I have to uproot from friends, church, and family and take my family down there. Keep me posted.

Kyle

Kyle,

Congrats! I will be joining you in the Class of 2012. Let me know if you have any questions about Asheville as you make the move. It is a wonderful place to live.

See you in a couple months.

-Sallie

Hey Kyle and Sallie, congrats and I'll be joining you all too. My friend Melanie from CVICU is also attending. Do you all know any others?

Kyle, if you decide to uproot and come down, I grew up in Asheville and would be happy to put you in touch with realtors or simply give advice on where to live etc. shoot me a pm if you want.

Congrats!

Bryan

Yup, We (me, the wife, and the kid) will be coming. I can't figure out how to send a pm so let me know. We will do an apt most likely, but I am still interested in where to live. I am not too picky. I kind of live in the ghetto right now so I can tolerate alot. However, I would be happy with any advice you have. Congratulations on getting in the program

+ Add a Comment