Everest College

U.S.A. Arizona

Published

has anyone ever went to or no anything about this school out of Phoenix Az?????:bugeyes: Please help me out if you know anything at all Thank you

Hi... do not go there!!!!! First they gave me false information and then once I started and found out I still had to pay. After doing my homework on other programs available at other schools, they were very very overpriced!!!! Just my opinion

I am in the end of block one. We take our final exam on Thursday. I have found the school to be everything I thought it would be. I have received everything I was promised. They were upfront about everything including the price. I am not sure about the previous poster, but since I am in the first class ever and no one from my class started and dropped out, I think this person must be mistaken about which program he/she was in.

My instructors have been extremely qualified. The program thus far has been great. No complaints from me.

Hi andimp00,

Have you begun the Level I nursing courses yet?

I was wondering how you are liking your school now. I'm in the first RN class in Everest, Ca, so I have no previous students to ask questions to. So far, I have a really good feeling about this school though!

It's expensive, yes, but I received all of the financial information before I signed the dotted line, and understood what I was getting into----Thankfully, I haven't had any issues there with my loans, grants, etc. :)

I'm going through the admission process right now for the Jan '09 class. I was wondering how you still feel about the program; Is it meeting or exceeding your expectations? How are your clinicals going? Do you like your schedule? On a scale of one to ten (one being the lowest), what rating would you the program? If you had to apply for financial aid, were you able to get enough to pay for the whole program and was the financial aid advisor knowledgeable about the loan/aid programs available? Any other info would be great too.

Clinicals are great!! We have such great instructors, so we have a lot of 1 on 1 attention. The program is going well. There have been a few hiccups, but I expected that with a new program.

Overall things are good. Classes are getting more difficult and we just came off of 2 weeks where we didn't have a day off, and then we had midterms last week, so I am fried! I can't really give the program as a whole a rating, because there are so many factors. One of the things i would give a 10 is the fact that the administration and instructors are open for our suggestions and feedback, and even seek it out. The issues that we have are primarily the same ones you would find with any program.

there were people who were able to finance 100%. Others are paying monthly payments without interest. There were many options, but I would make sure you checked into the grants and loans yourself, so you are not relying solely on the financial aid dept to do it for you.

If you have more specific ?s, send me a PM. i will be happy to give any info I can.

Specializes in ICU.

Hi! What is their accreditation? CCNE or NLNAC? And how much is their tuition?

Thanks!

Hi,

Everest is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and by the AZ State Board of Private Postsecondary Education. Because their nursing program is relatively new, they are provisionally approved by the AZ State Board of Nursing. They are also in the process of receiving their regional accreditation, which I think is better than national accreditation because you can continue your higher degrees (BSN, MSN, yata, yata) at a public university.

As with any private school they are very expensive and their tuition ranges from 33,000-47,038. The reason for this is because they do not charge you for classes that you have already taken, i.e.: biology, chemistry, english, psychology, etc. Your sciences however, have to have been taken within the last five years.

I hope this answers your questions, and if you have any more please don't hesitate to ask.

Hi! I have been looking into Everest and would like to get some info from you. Everytime call they won't give me to much info and just tell me to come to an orientation. If you could help me out I would appreciate...

What is the schedule like? How hard is it to get into? And how long after you began the testing process do you find out if you are admitted? Thank you so much for your help :)

I would be very careful with Everest and schools such as this. Did you contact any other public university and asked them do they take Everest credits? You might want to do this, I myself was in a Nursing program with another for profit school and I had to withdrawl and pay money why for this same reason I thought I did a great job with investigating the school and the program and come to find out it was the worse mistake I ever made. Also the cost is so high with these schools because of a rule called 10/90. What this means is the school is allowed to recieve title IV funding based on the fact that each student will be responsible for 10% of the cost of the tution, where the school will receive the other 90% of your financial aid. What they do is the raise the cost of the tution, based on the time span of the program to over well over 110% so you will end up paying at least 10% out of pocket while the schools takes all your aid. Also, the general education courses you take at these schools are normally not transferrable, so basically you are paying this type of money for a RN certificate and two year degree that you can't transfer out. Sure you maybe able to go back to the school for a 4 year degree but the same rules apply and you still have a useless piece of paper in the long run.

Specializes in ICU.

I agree... I called to ask some questions about accreditation and they wouldn't answer them. All they told me was that the school was nationally accredited and not regionally accredited (regionally accredited schools transfer almost anywhere). The operator kept dodging all my other questions and suggested that I go directly to the school and speak to an advisor about their nursing program accreditation (I don't think they are CCNE or NLNAC). I ended up not going since the school is in Phoenix and I live in Queen Creek. It would have been a huge waste of time since I'm looking for a school that is CCNE or NLNAC and regionally accredited. Sometimes these schools ARE too good to be true!

Hope this helps!

:wink2:

:barf01:Those "glowing" recommendations from the prior posts read like *employees* of that institution! $366/CR is obscene! I'd run, not walk, to the nearest exit and attend a *real* nursing school!

+ Add a Comment