Salaries at Ct Hospitals-All in one thread

U.S.A. Connecticut

Published

I graduate from Nursing school In May 09..I see posts all over for salaries at different hospitals in Ct. Maybe we can try to get this info in one post.

Thanks!!!!:redbeathe

I'm applying to Hartford, St. Francis, and Yale-New Haven... I know that St. Francis starts new grads at $27.50 as of last week. I'll keep you posted on the others.

Specializes in DDS.

Are these salaries for LPN or RN

that's for an RN... and just for the record Hartford is $27.50 as well.

Specializes in OB.

St. Mary's Hospital in Waterbury starts new grads at $29.15.

Specializes in Psychiatry.

According to Windham Hospital's website, RN's start at $27.56.

Does anyone know about Bristol Hospial, Bradley Memorial, Midstate, or Hospital of Central Connecticut?

Specializes in I was the Assistant to the DON.

Although I am in New York and only a pre-nursing student. I hear there is a large hospital in Danbury, and that is close to me...Anyone know if they hire new grads and salary there? Thanks!

St. Mary's Hospital in Waterbury starts new grads at $29.15.

I heard that too, but was also made aware from some nurses that they start higher, but you kind of stagnate there and dont move up as quickly as elsewhere..???

Although I am in New York and only a pre-nursing student. I hear there is a large hospital in Danbury, and that is close to me...Anyone know if they hire new grads and salary there? Thanks!

Danbury Hospital..they take new grads (dont they all..??) I heard good things about them..did 2 clinical rotations there and loved it!!! They have an open house on the 15th..its posted on website...unsure of exact website, but when you find it, go to job opportunities, specify RN ,hit search and the open house info will pop up..

Specializes in Emergency, Critical Care.

How about benefits? Who offers student loan assistance and/or signing bonuses? I'm looking to satisfy 2 requirements: get into a critical care nurse residency program at the hospital with the best benefits. Salary is also a criterion, but I'd take loan repayment over a slightly higher salary. Dartmouth-Hitchcock in Lebanon, NH gives you $2500/year for 5 years for loans. Not an option for me, since I'm looking to go to CCSU for grad school and want to stay local while I get my experience.

Cheers!

Specializes in PICU.

My best friend works at CT Children's and she started somewhere around $27, and after 2 years, is now at $30/hour.

+ Add a Comment