Anyone heard of Athena Career Academy?

U.S.A. Michigan

Updated:   Published

So I was searching on the internet for LPN programs in Michigan or Ohio, and this school popped up. I've never heard of them, I was wondering if anyone else had? I called the phone number, and they said there's no wait for the program, they have one starting in May and another in October. The school is in Toledo, and they have clinical sites in Michigan..You have to be a CNA or MA, they offer CNA training...

i got a book from a friend but i also found a study guide on here by searching NET

the no worker left behind prg i heard u can only make 40,000 to qualify i don't know much about it i was going to apply but we make alittle more than 40000 combined

I bought that NET Study Guide and have been passing it so far with 80% I'm hoping the test will be the same when I take it. As far as Athena I can't take out those loans for the program so I'll stick with a school that has funding or will take the stafford loans or something else I guess. MsRaggs, maybe I'll see you on test day in November, keep me posted when you get the info in the mail and I'll do the same. I was planning on driving back and forth to Toledo because i'm already in an apartment and my son is in High School and I'll be getting unemployment by then and saving a little money between now and then for any extra's. I know a few people that live in Toldeo but I won't stay there myself, I'll take my chances on the driving.

I bought that NET Study Guide and have been passing it so far with 80% I'm hoping the test will be the same when I take it. As far as Athena I can't take out those loans for the program so I'll stick with a school that has funding or will take the stafford loans or something else I guess. MsRaggs, maybe I'll see you on test day in November, keep me posted when you get the info in the mail and I'll do the same. I was planning on driving back and forth to Toledo because i'm already in an apartment and my son is in High School and I'll be getting unemployment by then and saving a little money between now and then for any extra's. I know a few people that live in Toldeo but I won't stay there myself, I'll take my chances on the driving.

i willl do i will ddriv ethe whole time period too thats why i wanted the program in march atleast i won't have to do to much driving in the winter my sister said the test was pretty easy but i sometimes get bored with the reading and just start day dreaming i think i hope i pass too my sister is in the prgrm now and said its pretty much okay she likes it but a friend of ours just took the test also and failed the math seems pretty much basic its just the reading i think i heard its critical thinking not ordinary english comp but i wish u best of luck and everything and maybe we'll see each other on test day and in class

good luck!!

O Cool MsRaggs you have a sister in the program already. Has she started clinicals already? Did she say where their doing the clinicals @ and how much longer does she have to go? Is she doing the commute back and forth or staying there? Its good to hear someone thats actually attending TSPN.

she lives near the school so she do her clinicals in ohio

she will finish in 2009 i believe march i think she said we'll start cliicals like the 2nd or 3rd week into the program these are just ur basic cna clinicals she said she likes it

she said u must always get a 79 % or higher in the class rooms though if u fail the semester or mod u have to start all over from the beginning and pay the cost out of ur pockets i think

clinicals are on fridays i believe from 6-2:30

Cool! I cant wait.

hey are u ready to take the net i went to the school as a stand in a was able to take it on friday i hope i passed i think i did well but i missed a few math problems when the study guide say don't stay on one problem to long u should really listen

i thought the math was really ok but the reading u have to pick the best answer i think their all are right but you must pick the rightr one i guess according to them so i wish u luck

the class that just started in oct wasn't even filled up i heard only 20 something students started i wish i had of known

HEY Msraggs whats a stand in? Im as ready as i can be. Was the it alot of people there taking the test? Was the test anything like that book they told us we should get cause i bought it.

hey sirena a stand or sit in is where u go on the test dates scheduled b4 ur test date if you like and see if they have any empty seats available the lady there said that she never turned anyone away so i was luck me and about 5-6 others the test is just like everything in the book to study so if ur ready u should do good i'm still waiting for my results good luck!!

Hi there. I recently graduated from Athena Career Academy. I was part of their first graduating class. I also recently passed the NCLEX-PN in Ohio. Yes it is more expensive than the other LPN schools in the area, but you do get in right away, which is why I went there. I don't know what else to tell you, but let me know if you have any specific questions. Good luck!

Congrats Bacy72! Have you gotten employment yet? And if so is the salary what you expected? How long was the program and how far did you have to travel everyday?

+ Add a Comment