any filipino nurse working for Apex Corporation-Agency for Pinoy Excellence?

World Immigration

Published

have you heard about Apex Corporation-Agency for Pinoy Excellence?

they hire nurses for canada..

will be happy to hear your feedbacks and opinion.. good or bad..

many thanks:w00t:

JanfRN,

Ok, what I am reading is, that you would have to register for the exam to keep your GN status ......so if I failed my first attempt and didn't register for second the next test before I fail the first attmept, I would loose my GN status.

Also is Canada like the US, meaning a law can't be overidden by a contract? Are you staying that every professional is responsible for their professional status?

My last point, if the 20% of nurses who failed didn't register for the next exam they are not GNs?

thanks,

Alex

A temporary graduate nurse licence may be renewed for a maximum of two four-month periods. Please remember to check the expiry date on your temporary licence. You cannot practise nursing as a graduate nurse if your licence has expired.

This is it, upon arrival in Saskatchewan, the GN will be given a four month license to practice, and it is renewable for a maximum of two four-month period.

Thus a foreign nurse can work as GN for a maximum of one year. That is why their contract is for one year only.

And naturally the employers follow the SRNA regulations.

Please do not be confused with the regulation of other provinces. The thread is for Apex and Saskatchewan?SRNA.

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.
"Generally if you fail once you can not use the title GN anymore. Would always check with province because you could be working illegally"

The contract of nurses in Saskatchewan is for them to be GN's for 1 year. Once they passed the CRNE then they become RN, I supposed (those who passed the CRNE please confirm). They will then be encouraged to apply for the Nominee Program while those who failed must prepare for the 2nd take.

Another deployment I heard is in the making next month...

How about the $1,000 cash advance upon arrival? Does Prairie North, Prince Albert and Sunrise have this too? An insider told me that it is NOT automatic. It has to be requested.

I heard that Apex requested it for Saskatoon and was granted not only for Apex nurses but for all nurses from the other three agencies. It was not clear though if other agencies requested it also.

Good Luck to all.......

Just because the contract is a GN for 12 months that just means you have 12 months to sit the exam. Each province will have their own requirements on whether the nurse can remain as a GN if they have sat and failed the exam. it is your responsibility if you fail to find out where you stand. Ontario does state that if you fail then your temporary certificate is revoked

any news for Regina hires?

Specializes in medical-surgical/OB-Gyne.

no deployment for nurses bound for regina until january 2009.

hi sknurse07, is this true? what happened?

Specializes in medical-surgical/OB-Gyne.

hello i just got an email from RQHR HRD that there will be deployment for filipino IEN's bound for regina on november instaed of january.

deployment schedules are november, january, march, april & september for next year. goodluck & hope to see you here in regina.

hi sknurse - thank you for the good news! Goodluck to your exam! :yeah:

for those who passed the recent CRNE.. what review materials did you use so we can do advance reading while in the Philippines?

Specializes in critical care.

hi ad2008,

please type in the search box above for "crne".. there have been threads where crne materials have been discussed. but, here in the philippines.. no crne materials are available here. unless you order it out of the country.

nclex materials are one source of review.. but crne usually focuses on psychosocial issues..

hope this helps..

Specializes in Psychiatric, L&D, Geriatrics.

23 nurses from the philippines just arrived this october 6 in saskatoon.. 38 hires in total so far from march 2008 hires..

Specializes in General Ward, OR, DR, NICU.

hello everbody! Can anybody tell me more about APEX? I am very interested to apply to any agency that can deploy nurses like f0r 3-6 months to canada. Does anybody know other agencies to canada? The only agency I know is MERCAN.. Here in Davao we are not that blessed with agencies. Thank You. Hoping one of you responds...

Can you give me websites of agencies that can deploy nurses to canada? I am really desperate because of the retrogression of US.:imbar

hello everyone! can you guys tell me their website? i am eager to apply as one of their nurses? i also want to know more details regarding APEX...

Thanks.:D

goodluck to all applicants.....hope to see you in SK, im 1 of the 80 nurses hired last November by RQHR, hopefully leaving by april. I know you can make it just believe in yourself. goodluck again!

Hi there sknurse07... can you tell me what RQHR stands for? I am really eager to go to canada.. Thank you.

+ Add a Comment