Was that legal?

Nurses Union

Published

A friend of mine says she saw a memo a few years ago from upper management that went out to all the managers that said something like, "Management discourages union activity in this facility."

She says after she saw that, she was afraid to even say the word "union" for fear of losing her job.

Is that legal?

Never mind. . .:D

Your New Job

Support the Employee Free Choice Act!

Specializes in ER,ICU,L+D,OR.
It is a very clear form of intimidation. It is a classic union busting activity.

I gotten those messages, and I have never been intimidated by them. So if there is no intimidation how can it be "classic union busting activity". or is this just pro union rhetoric.

Sounds about right. I believe this is what many ceo's dream about when they sleep. They already have the boat, the car, the big house and obscene amounts of money, so the only thing left to wish for is the power without oversight and restriction.

If only those pesky unions and goverment regulations would stop getting in their way. :D

Would you like to go to Lake Lewisville and go boating with me.

I gotten those messages, and I have never been intimidated by them. So if there is no intimidation how can it be "classic union busting activity". or is this just pro union rhetoric.

Who are you 46 and better yet why are you so anti union. Unions are the right of an employee if they so choose to form one. The company should have the rigt to present their case but to imply firing which is what they do is intimidation. Also they should present their case with facts and not the bold face lies that they generaly spout.

You must not forget that unions although not perfect are what helped secure 40hr work week, lunch breaks, paid leave and most of the other benefits we all take for granted.

The argument is not are all companies bad and are all unions good but does an employee have the right to free association and the right to form a union without threat and intimidation. If companies want to be fair then they would allow for open forums and discussion on the subject so that their employees were informed on the pro and cons and then they could make an informed choice based on facts presented by both sides.

No one is forcing you to join.

Who are you 46 and better yet why are you so anti union. Unions are the right of an employee if they so choose to form one. The company should have the rigt to present their case but to imply firing which is what they do is intimidation. Also they should present their case with facts and not the bold face lies that they generaly spout.

You must not forget that unions although not perfect are what helped secure 40hr work week, lunch breaks, paid leave and most of the other benefits we all take for granted.

The argument is not are all companies bad and are all unions good but does an employee have the right to free association and the right to form a union without threat and intimidation. If companies want to be fair then they would allow for open forums and discussion on the subject so that their employees were informed on the pro and cons and then they could make an informed choice based on facts presented by both sides.

No one is forcing you to join.

Where did I say I was antiunion, I just asked a question. Then you "Assumed"

You work 40 hours a week. I only do 24 hours a week now.

but what you say does sound typically prouniom sentimentimentality, I am far to easy going for that.

but what you say does sound typically prouniom sentimentimentality, I am far to easy going for that.[/quote

What is your question? I am pro union and don't believe that you are in the middle and only asking questions. What is you agenda and again what do you have against unions. Please be specific.

The point is if employees are suposed to decide if they want or need a union then they should have that right just as they have the rigt to vote against a union. Our goverment should protect the process to ensure than tactics of intimidation and lies are kept out of the process. If the process is fair and enforced then employees can make their own decision and that is Democracy.

but what you say does sound typically prouniom sentimentimentality, I am far to easy going for that.[/quote

What is your question? I am pro union and don't believe that you are in the middle and only asking questions. What is you agenda and again what do you have against unions. Please be specific.

The point is if employees are suposed to decide if they want or need a union then they should have that right just as they have the rigt to vote against a union. Our goverment should protect the process to ensure than tactics of intimidation and lies are kept out of the process. If the process is fair and enforced then employees can make their own decision and that is Democracy.

So are you trying to tell me this is an prounion thread only, and all others should go elsewhere, curious minds want to know.

So are you trying to tell me that only employers and the government tell lies and the Union never does. Because if that is the way you sell it. How can it be Democracy.Also if something is enforced how can it ever be fair, that makes no sense to me.

As far as to my agenda. Well today the weather is particularly beautifull and after a nice run, I am going skydiving. That is my agenda.

+ Add a Comment