any filipino nurse working for Apex Corporation-Agency for Pinoy Excellence?

World Immigration

Published

have you heard about Apex Corporation-Agency for Pinoy Excellence?

they hire nurses for canada..

will be happy to hear your feedbacks and opinion.. good or bad..

many thanks:w00t:

to those who passed, any tips you can share to other aspiring nurses?

thanks...and congratulations to the 80% who passed the CRNE exam and to those who didn't..there's always a second chance..goodluck!

Specializes in critical care.
would there be a difference if you directly apply to saskatchewan versus going through an agency like Apex or Mercan? which has a faster processing rate?

better sent a PM to sknurse who is in SK already..

being under an agency such as APEX and Mercan is a bit easier for me since they know all the immigration loops there such as POEA concerns and etc..

hope this helps..:heartbeat

Specializes in critical care.
to those who passed, any tips you can share to other aspiring nurses?

thanks...and congratulations to the 80% who passed the CRNE exam and to those who didn't..there's always a second chance..goodluck!

Please search for "CRNE" in the search box above, you will find lots of helpful tips as to books to be used and different study approaches.

HTH:heartbeat

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.
better sent a PM to sknurse who is in SK already..

being under an agency such as APEX and Mercan is a bit easier for me since they know all the immigration loops there such as POEA concerns and etc..

hope this helps..:heartbeat

There really is no immigration loops. We did the process with my husband (he has the TWP) and the forms was very easy to complete, was submitted with relevant documentation and we received a letter stating meet requirements and can proceed with move to Canada. With working in the healthcare profession you have to have a medical before your work permit is released and that can easily be arranged and the hospital can supply LMO and they will be used to dealing with immigrant nurses so know the process. Average processing time if doing it yourself 6-9 months approx

Specializes in medical-surgical/OB-Gyne.

i believe if you are direct hire and this is according to 1 of the nurse i met here: she was a direct hire by RQHR but were referred to an agency who can process all the papers since there's a directive and an agreement between canada & philippine government that everybody going to canada on a TWP should have an agency and all the processing fees are paid by the employer for each succesful applicant they got.

Alexk49,

"Apex states the are an agency for "Pinoy Excellence," any agency with that title I would assume they would do better than the average nurse. The pass rate for Canadian nurses is 95% and the Phillipine nurses is 80% I would not brag about that since they are below the standard. While 80% maybe excellent is the Phillipines, that is way below the average of 95%"

The 95% is for Canadian educated Nurses only, for IEN's it is way below that, it is somewhat in the vicinity of 60%. I am not sure of the exact % but it is way below 95%.

"I feel bad for the 20% that didn't pass, I am assuming they will have to work as a nurse's aide with a nurse's aide salary."

Nurse Aide?Your assuption is too high. The Canadian Authorities allow all GN's including Nurses from the Philippines to have two more opportunities to challenge the CRNE, to think that these rules came from Canadians and not from Filipinos.

Not Nursing Aide please, they are GN's for maximum of 1 year as per the contract they signed in the Philippines

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.
Alexk49,

"Apex states the are an agency for "Pinoy Excellence," any agency with that title I would assume they would do better than the average nurse. The pass rate for Canadian nurses is 95% and the Phillipine nurses is 80% I would not brag about that since they are below the standard. While 80% maybe excellent is the Phillipines, that is way below the average of 95%"

The 95% is for Canadian educated Nurses only, for IEN's it is way below that, it is somewhat in the vicinity of 60%. I am not sure of the exact % but it is way below 95%.

"I feel bad for the 20% that didn't pass, I am assuming they will have to work as a nurse's aide with a nurse's aide salary."

Nurse Aide?Your assuption is too high. The Canadian Authorities allow all GN's including Nurses from the Philippines to have two more opportunities to challenge the CRNE, to think that these rules came from Canadians and not from Filipinos.

Not Nursing Aide please, they are GN's for maximum of 1 year as per the contract they signed in the Philippines

Generally if you fail once you can not use the title GN anymore. Would always check with province because you could be working illegally

I did read that some Provinces in Canada allow three attempts to pass, I am glad my state did away with the GN status. When we had GNs the RNs had to take full responsiblity. GNs where never allowed to work alone or be in charge. This was taxing on the RNs.

But I don't live in Canada and don't have to worry about this issue. But it seemes like the filipino nurses got a great deal.

Specializes in NICU, PICU, PCVICU and peds oncology.

I'm reasonably sure that having failed the CRNE, an person cannot continue to work as graduate nurse in all provinces.

College of Nurses of Ontario"

Temporary Class registration allows individuals who

have met all of the requirements for registration,

except for successfully completing the Canadian

Registered Nurse Examination (CRNE) or the

Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination

(CPNRE), to practise nursing in Ontario while they

wait to write the exam. Temporary registration is

meant for novice nurses and is predominantly used

by applicants who have recently graduated from a

nursing program. The individual is under supervision

of a registered member for the entire six-month

period of their temporary registration.

After six months, the member must have passed the

exam and applied for registration in the General

Class or stopped practising nursing. The registration

is terminated if the member fails the exam.

Applicants who meet all of the requirements will

receive a letter confirming their registration in the

Temporary Class. If the applicant subsequently fails

the national examination, the College will notify

the applicant and subsequently the employer(s) that

the Temporary Certificate of Registration has been

revoked.

College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

CRNBC does not have any arrangement with outside groups or recruiters enabling a waiver or delay to any of CRNBC registration requirements. We would appreciate receiving information from any applicant who has been approached with this offer.

Temporary registration is always issued until March 1.

Temporary registration may be renewed under some

circumstances.

Once an applicant is successful on the registration

examination and the Canadian reference requirement has been

met, the temporary registration will automatically be

converted to full registration. A practising registration card

will be issued.

If an applicant has not met the requirements for full

registration and the temporary registration expires, the

applicant cannot continue to work unless she or he renews

temporary registration with CRNBC.

Saskatchewan Registered Nurses' Association

[qoute]Graduate nurse application forms for the temporary licence can be obtained from the SRNA Registration Department. A person is not eligible for a graduate nurse licence until the SRNA can verify the applicant has successfully completed a nursing education program. On receipt of the completed application form and licence fee of $161.02 ($153.35 plus $7.67 GST), a temporary licence to practise nursing as a graduate nurse will be issued for a four month period. A temporary graduate nurse licence may be renewed for a maximum of two four-month periods. Please remember to check the expiry date on your temporary licence. You cannot practise nursing as a graduate nurse if your licence has expired.

College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta

Eligible to apply for a Temporary Permit (TP)

This decision means CARNA has determined during the preliminary assessment that you are eligible to apply for a Temporary Permit (TP). This TP will allow you to practice in Alberta as a Graduate Nurse with conditions while you work toward completing the remaining requirements for a full Registered Nurse license which are the:

a) achievement of a passing score on the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination (CRNE) within the maximum number of attempts allowed; and

b) submission of a satisfactory Alberta employer reference.

A Temporary Permit is valid for up to six (6) months and may be renewed not more than two (2) times. Once conditions are met, you will be eligible to apply for registration as a Registered Nurse in Alberta.

You must achieve a passing score on the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination within a maximum of three (3) writings.

Important: In order to practice nursing in Alberta, you are required by law to be registered and hold a current practice permit with CARNA.

You must obtain a practice permit prior to commencing orientation with your employer.

These are the provinces most often mentioned by nurses from the Philippines as being their desired destination. The longest period of temporary licensure is in Alberta, 18 months. It is possible to write the CRNE three times in that time frame, but only just possible because often the results are not available before the deadline for the next sitting. In Saskatchewan, the maximum time of temporary licensure is only 12 months and while it is possible to write three times in that period, as I just said, you have to know you need to rewrite in time to apply for the next sitting. For those who are currently in the process in Saskatchewan, I suggest you ensure personally that your temporary permit is kept current until you've passed the CRNE and not to rely on some nebulous contract arrangement the agency might have with the employers. Ultimately YOU ALONE are responsible for your professional credentials and your immigration status. BC is a little less likely to renew temporary permits and the onus is completely on the individual. And Ontario will not allow anyone who has failed the CRNE to carry a temporary permit or to work as a grad nurse. All that aside, the cost of writing the exam three times ($519 per attempt) will be equivalent to about one month's take home pay as a GN!

"Generally if you fail once you can not use the title GN anymore. Would always check with province because you could be working illegally"

The contract of nurses in Saskatchewan is for them to be GN's for 1 year. Once they passed the CRNE then they become RN, I supposed (those who passed the CRNE please confirm). They will then be encouraged to apply for the Nominee Program while those who failed must prepare for the 2nd take.

Another deployment I heard is in the making next month...

How about the $1,000 cash advance upon arrival? Does Prairie North, Prince Albert and Sunrise have this too? An insider told me that it is NOT automatic. It has to be requested.

I heard that Apex requested it for Saskatoon and was granted not only for Apex nurses but for all nurses from the other three agencies. It was not clear though if other agencies requested it also.

Good Luck to all.......

"and not to rely on some nebulous contract arrangement the agency might have with the employers"

A nurse friend emailed me a copy of the Employment Contract. It is between the Nurses and the Health Region witnessed by an Agency Representative. It seems the agencies just arranged for the interviews and the visa processing and that's it.

The Health Regions do the processing ( or assisting )of their GN license renewal so the nurses can concentrate on their work and their preparation for the next take.

To AD2008

would there be a difference if you directly apply to saskatchewan versus going through an agency like Apex or Mercan? which has a faster processing rate?

Yes, apply direct and apply to an agency as well to increase your chance. Processing rate is the same because even if you are hired direct for as long as there are hirings you will still be assigned to an agency at NO COST on your part

+ Add a Comment