inexperienced nurse from Philippines to work in Dubai

World General World

Published

Good day,

I have an uncle in Dubai who is gonna process my Visit or Tourist Visa this week. It cost alot so I want to be careful. I am a licensed nurse here however, I, like alot of my colleagues, have no Hospital Experience. I have read alot of similar questions like this here in allnurses and have found out that I will likely end up in a clinic. I also looked into the DOHMS website and saw that all hospitals require 2 years experience. I am still hopeful for a hospital job.

1. Is it possible for me to work in a hospital in Dubia/ UAE?

2. Has anyone done this?

3. If it is possible, can I do it in 1 month?

Thanks a lot for reading and I hope you can all help me

Specializes in Med-Surg / ICU / Aged Care.
Good day,

I have an uncle in Dubai who is gonna process my Visit or Tourist Visa this week. It cost alot so I want to be careful. I am a licensed nurse here however, I, like alot of my colleagues, have no Hospital Experience. I have read alot of similar questions like this here in allnurses and have found out that I will likely end up in a clinic. I also looked into the DOHMS website and saw that all hospitals require 2 years experience. I am still hopeful for a hospital job.

1. Is it possible for me to work in a hospital in Dubia/ UAE?

2. Has anyone done this?

3. If it is possible, can I do it in 1 month?

Thanks a lot for reading and I hope you can all help me

hi, first of all look at the bright side:

1. As compared to others, you will be "psychologically" comfortable knowing that you will have a relative there who will take care of you in case of "worst" situation.

2. Having a clinic job there is better than no job here in the phils. Accept the fact that "ideal" situation does not exist for fresh graduates like us. We need 2 years experience to be able to work/be hired in middle east hospitals.

3. I suggest you plan various options/paths for your career. Like work in Dubai for 2-3 years, save money for NCLEX review/exam. Pass the NCLEX, and either you continue working in Dubai while waiting for your US Visa, or you may go back here to "volunteer" for hospital experience purposes.

If i am in your side, i'll do it that way.. I do can afford to process visa and go to Dubai, and don't care if i work in a clinic.. But i have apprehension because i have no relatives there, which you have.. so grab the chance, you're still young eventhough you don't realize it (just think of the age of the 2nd corsers).

Please correct me if i have some errors in my above comments. And, hope to hear you succeed so can follow your footsteps, o di va..

Good luck colleague.

Thank you so much for your reply. I realize that I do have some advantage Sir/ Madam, however, I am in a dilemma whether to go to dubai or just take the Vermont NCLEX-RN path.

I would be spending 80,000 phil pesos to enter dubai for 3 months or maybe even 1 month with absolutely no Job Offer. I would really like to have hospital experience first before going into the United States or Canada so I hope there is someone who was able to do this in UAE

Thank you so much for your reply. I realize that I do have some advantage Sir/ Madam, however, I am in a dilemma whether to go to dubai or just take the Vermont NCLEX-RN path.

I would be spending 80,000 phil pesos to enter dubai for 3 months or maybe even 1 month with absolutely no Job Offer. I would really like to have hospital experience first before going into the United States or Canada so I hope there is someone who was able to do this in UAE

There are things that need prayers for us to know what's best for us, just like the dilemma you had now.. First, if only we would know for sure that you would get job offer in Dubai, then obviously we should go there, otherwise we would regret by saying we should have spend the money for NCLEX. On the other hand, if you go for the NCLEX, expect no paid work in our country..

If you have the budget, better pass the NCLEX first before going to Dubai.

Either way, it boils down to prayers..

@ Kiecis

I wouldn't really recommend you to take the NCLEX-RN path unless you are a GC holder. We all know about the retrogression and you taking the exams now will just be useless. But if you do have a visa in the US that will let you work then by all means finish all the required exams.

You can always take the exams later on when you have the needed visa. For now, you can focus on gaining experience. Clinical experience is really better than nothing. At least you'll be working in a related field unlike most nurses who are either jobless or working in a different field. You can also take that clinical experience as a step for you to get a hospital experience there. Once you are there and working in the clinic, you can always try to find a job elsewhere (e.g. hospital). So, don't feel too sad about it.

@ Kiecis

I wouldn't really recommend you to take the NCLEX-RN path unless you are a GC holder. We all know about the retrogression and you taking the exams now will just be useless. But if you do have a visa in the US that will let you work then by all means finish all the required exams.

You can always take the exams later on when you have the needed visa. For now, you can focus on gaining experience. Clinical experience is really better than nothing. At least you'll be working in a related field unlike most nurses who are either jobless or working in a different field. You can also take that clinical experience as a step for you to get a hospital experience there. Once you are there and working in the clinic, you can always try to find a job elsewhere (e.g. hospital). So, don't feel too sad about it.

hi aelith, you've been everywhere recently, :) glad that you've been helpful in various threads ( just finished reading that australian thread where you are the "consultant".. anyways, i hope kiecis will follow what you said and i've recommended earlier: better try dubai and work in a clinic than nothing, and just take the NCLEX later..

actually, im also weighing my options that's why ive in the net and this website lately to help me decide what to do with my time and my money.. like should i go to Dubai like kiecis' planning, or spend/try my luck at NZ assessment if they still accept 2nd couirsers, or maybe find ways to be in canada and just prepare/take the CRNE there while working a different job...

these are trying times... translation: "tag-isang piso ang bentahan ng isang dosenang nars ngayon":cry:

oh before i forget, KIECIS, please check confirm if Dubai authority requires you to take/pass their own board exam, i've heard from unreliable sources that they do require.

signing out.. i'll be back tomorrow...:cool:

I see, thank you. I've thought about it and I think I will try the clinical path first and then look for a way to get into the hospitals. I hope that I and all my fellow nurses get to see a good future in Dubai

Well, as they say If you really want it, then work hard to get it

cioman94:

Thanks for your advice. It made me feel good about the bright side of my case. Good luck with our professional career!

NZ is no longer accepting second coursers, much has been written on this topic. Please just so a search for the threads on it .

Best of luck to you.

Specializes in Oncology, Medical.

Dubai has been stricter with their requirements in hiring nurses especially in hospitals affiliated with US based hospitals. If you research it online, on the career section you can find a nursing skill checklist where you will gauge you own nursing skill level as novice, beginner, expert, etc. This is one of the requirements needed to be filled out aside from your resume. You still have to take the necessary licensure exam in any middle east country if working in a government hospital. It is mandatory and some will not let you take it if you don't have the required years of experience.

If you can find a job in a clinic, that would be a start. Better to prepare all the requirements on hand as the 3 month tourist visa is not enough to complete the whole process of employment if something is missing or get delayed.

Firstly if you register to exam today you will be able to have an exam just 4th of november. Of course if it is today. But you should go to dubai find job collect all the docs and then register to exam. or 20th of october if urgent(300$ exta fee) http://edohms.dohms.gov.ae/mpt/interview/Interview_Schedule_view.aspxThe main problem is your experience. You should show them letter of reference with 2 signs and stamp that you have at least 2 years of practise. Unless you are not eligble. This is the info that I have. May be others know more.

Firstly if you register to exam today you will be able to have an exam just 4th of november. Of course if it is today. But you should go to dubai find job collect all the docs and then register to exam. or 20th of october if urgent(300$ exta fee) http://edohms.dohms.gov.ae/mpt/inter...e_view.aspxThe main problem is your experience. You should show them letter of reference with 2 signs and stamp that you have at least 2 years of practise. Unless you are not eligble. This is the info that I have. May be others know more.

I saw the professional license application form from DOHMS and it is really indicated in there that I should post my past experience as well as certificates of employment. I have sent them an email if they will also accept a fresh graduate like me with no experience. Ill update this thread once i get the reply so that I can help other nurses that is in my same situation

dear: francis

refer to your email. any one likes to word in the privet sector in dubai must have two years experience.

best regard

from the acting head of licensing dept in dohms :( too bad.. clinic then

+ Add a Comment