Shawnee Mission med center

U.S.A. Kansas

Published

Specializes in M/S.

Can any one tell me about Shawnee Mission med center kansas, am moving with my family to overland park, I have beean a CNA for 9years, I will like to work in a place that has a good benefit and Tuition reimbursement, because I will be starting my LPN 1 + 1 program in fall.

Faith :loveya:

Hey there,

I worked at Shawnee Mission for about a year awhile back (had to go elsewhere because I needed a part-time position). It's a great place to work.

They have wonderful health insurance, the best I've seen with great options so you can personalize it. GREAT dental. Tuition reimbursement is also incredible. You just have to wait 6 months for it, which is very normal.

In general, just a good place to work - nice people, very supportive.

Let me know if you have any specific questions!

Good luck

Specializes in Oncology RN.

I worked for SMMC for almost 8 years until I finished nursing school. I thought it was a great place to work, great bennies, the pay was comparable to other hospitals in the area, and they do a lot of extra stuff for their employees (pancake feeds, jackets, etc).

The only reason I don't work their now is that right at the time I finished, they had a hiring freeze and would only take so many new grads. Units usually hire their own first before hiring someone from the another floor (the hospital encourages promotion from within). My floor didn't have any positions, and the few others open were snapped up by new grads that already worked on that particular floor. :cry:

It's a shame, too. I miss the Night Shift Christmas Breakfast.:sniff:

+ Add a Comment