any filipino nurse working for Apex Corporation-Agency for Pinoy Excellence?

World Immigration

Published

have you heard about Apex Corporation-Agency for Pinoy Excellence?

they hire nurses for canada..

will be happy to hear your feedbacks and opinion.. good or bad..

many thanks:w00t:

Specializes in NICU, PICU, PCVICU and peds oncology.

Might I respectfully request the use of proper English spelling and grammar in the posts here? Not everyone has caught the text message wave and since the purpose of this site is the exchange of information and networking, it makes things difficult for people to understand what's being said.

Terms of Service are clear:

English Language Only

While this bulletin board hosts visitors from around the world, it is based in the United States and much of our membership is English speaking. Due to our inability to moderate threads in other languages, we ask that interactions be in English for the enjoyment of as many posters as possible.

Please do not type entirely in capitals as considered shouting on the Internet! Along with using proper English spelling and punctuation, this shows respect for the owner, other bulletin board members & guests and makes it easier to read your important thoughts.

hi guys! ive read that this agency deploys philippines nurses in short period of time with free fare, etc.. but my question is what is the catch of the agency? they are agency right so they surely will profit much from you.

do they have contract? or how much do they pay when you get there..

keep in mind, when you get there you will not work as RN rather as a GN. it's two different things. does that agency already sent nurses to canada?

can someone lighten me and the others about this.

it's just that i had jitters when i found out how fast the process is...

but you know i will be very happy if you guys will have the chance to work here..

Specializes in ward,nursery,nicu.

sorry :cry:

I promise to be extra careful next time..;)

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.

Would also like to add to what Jan has said that this is a good opportunity to practice writing your English and using correct grammar, remember when completing documentation in hospitals you have to write clearly in good English, only accepted abbreviations of the hospital can be used.

Specializes in EENT, Radiology, Neuroscience.
hi guys! ive read that this agency deploys philippines nurses in short period of time with free fare, etc.. but my question is what is the catch of the agency? they are agency right so they surely will profit much from you.

do they have contract? or how much do they pay when you get there..

keep in mind, when you get there you will not work as RN rather as a GN. it's two different things. does that agency already sent nurses to canada?

can someone lighten me and the others about this.

it's just that i had jitters when i found out how fast the process is...

but you know i will be very happy if you guys will have the chance to work here..

Please have a good read in this forum first before posting.

You would want to be enlightened.

Please have a good read in this forum first before posting.

You would want to be enlightened.

i already read it that's why i posted my feelings.

hope they could come here as soon as possible. they will surely love it here:wink2:

Uhm, some of the nurses from this agency have started working in Capital Health and to be honest, we're not impressed.

Even after the course at Norquest, the skills are still weak. Time management is poor.

We were told we were getting experienced nurses to be our co-workers. All good and fine.

But many of them aren't what we were told they would be. Experienced. We all remember nurses that came from the Phillipines in the 1990s and they were great. Skilled, experienced, and professional.

Many in this batch are very young, almost immature and a few have been spoken to about using English on the floor.

So, it might be to your advantage to remember professionalism and the use of English in your home away from home will go along way.

We are a pretty friendly bunch and we don't mind helping new co-workers, we do mind having a new nurse having their orientation period extended several times because their skills aren't what we expected. We are shadowing people that if they had trained locally and been hired as new grads would have been sent for remedial education. It seems like CH is trying very hard to keep some of the people on staff but some have already had their contract cancelled due to this.

Specializes in critical care.

hi fiona!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with some Filipino nurses working with you in your workplace. Thanks also for lending a hand for those who need your guidance.

Just want to clarify that Apex does not hire or deploy nurses for Capital Health in Alberta. Rather, Mercan does that. Those who will be deployed by Apex to Saskatchewan will be working as GNs and not as LPNs.

Thanks for understanding.:heartbeat

So perhaps, Mercan screens their people with less care?

Specializes in critical care.
So perhaps, Mercan screens their people with less care?

I am not in the position to answer that question since I am not connected with Mercan. But, I believe that it is Capital Health's responsibility to hire competent nurses for their facilities. Just to also add that before they were hired, the recruiters which are also nurses as i understood had a face to face interview with them and it is up to them to gauge the nurse's qualifications.

I know there are people who interview well and don't live up to their promises all around the world.

The hard part is nobody knows the truth until they hit the units and have to demonstrate their abilities.

Specializes in ward,nursery,nicu.

Just a bit of information

The code of ethics for registered nurses (2008 centennial edition ) is already available.

Try to visit the website of Canadian Nurses Association

+ Add a Comment