Anyone doing Curves?

Nurses Stress 101

Published

I'm thinking about joining Curves For Women. I will be going past it with my new job, so it will be convenient. I recently tried out some different classes at the "Y" too, but my fitness level was not ready for those I tried. BUT...I DID keep moving, even though I couldn't do all the movements. My thighs are really strong and I do some free weights for upper body, but my balance is awful and flexabiliy poor. Also, osteoarthritis in my knees. Wow, I sound like a mess, but love to walk, do my mini-stepper, sometimes my treadmill, whatever, usually 5-6 times weekly. I also think I could benefit from a yoga class. Any thoughts?

Specializes in NICU.
I joined Curves and really liked it for about 1 month. Then it became just too boring. It became very monotonous to jump on then off those machines every minute. The hours of operation were too short for my night job and sleep schedule. Unfortunately they make you sign a year contract, so I paid for a lot of months I didn't use. FRUSTRATING!!!

Same with me!! I had to sign a year contract, went for like the first 4 months, and then got tired of it.

And I feel so bad because they keep taking money out each month, and I never go, what a waste!

I really should try to go back.

Specializes in Travel Nursing, ICU, tele, etc.
Same with me!! I had to sign a year contract, went for like the first 4 months, and then got tired of it.

And I feel so bad because they keep taking money out each month, and I never go, what a waste!

I really should try to go back.

There are more places popping up, have you noticed? Other strip mall-type exercise places. The names escape me now...but they advertise being open for 24 hours. Unfortunately, I think they let men in....

I don't think I could stand doing Curves again...

Gosh, maybe us nurses should start our own strip mall exercise clubs and we would do it RIGHT!!

+ Add a Comment