Hey Ivy Tech people (TEAS)

U.S.A. Indiana

Published

First is anyone from the MUncie region (east central). I was curious if any has taken the TEAS test? I have took it twice. I talked to my advisor and she said that last session the people that got in their tests ranged from high 80's - to a few 60's. Anyone have any clue to what they would want? Thanks

mary23

31 Posts

At the Lafayette campus it is usually above an 80% but it is a very compatitive program here so that is why...Have you bought the TEAS book???

G-townLPN

30 Posts

Yes, I have a book and I have an ok score 79.6. I know the cut off can change because evey semester there will be different scores. I was just curious if anyone from Muncie was on here and in the same situation as me.

ooper3076

44 Posts

Specializes in i pull sheaths :).

I haven't taken the test yet. I take it in about 2 weeks. I will let you know though. Have you talked to Chris about it?

RN BSN 2009

1,289 Posts

i'll be taking mine in a couple weeks! for pharm and fundamentals

G-townLPN

30 Posts

Let me know how it goes and good luck! And who is Chris?

ooper3076

44 Posts

Oh..I'm sorry. I got the impression that you were taking the classes at Ivy Tech in Muncie. Chris Quinn is the instructor for Muncie, New Castle, Marion, and Anderson. She does all of them.

G-townLPN

30 Posts

Oh..I'm sorry. I got the impression that you were taking the classes at Ivy Tech in Muncie. Chris Quinn is the instructor for Muncie, New Castle, Marion, and Anderson. She does all of them.

I do go to Muncie, but I have not met this person. The only people that I have talked to is advisors for the programs. Maybe you know something I don't. Do you go to Muncie or surrounding and if so what has you process been like? Thanks

ooper3076

44 Posts

I am currently taking the CNA classes in Muncie. I would absolutely recommend this class if you want to become a CNA. Its a M-F, 8 am to 12 pm for 3 weeks. Then 5:30 am to 2:30 am clinicals for 3 weeks every other day. It's $590 for everything. You just have to pay for uniforms, TB test, and physical. You would love the instructor. It is really easy going. I have a test every day and do some check off procedures. Sometimes there is a lot of reading to do but she goes over it before every test. I have one more 'in class' week then I start clinicals a week from this Monday. Every one in my class seems to be doing well. I haven't heard any complaints. We actually have a food carry-in next week. Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anymore info.

G-townLPN

30 Posts

Yea, I got my CNA cert. about 11 yrs ago. I kept it for about 6-7 yrs. It has since expired. I would'nt want to go that route again. Don't get me wrong it is really good experience, but I feel that I have done my time with that. And I wouldn't be able to do that and keep up with the Nursing classes + 2 small kids. Good Luck to you. P.S Avoid Brookside Haven

ooper3076

44 Posts

Yeah...I know how that goes. I am a Nursing student at Eastern Kentucky. Its hard enough just to take care of myself. Couldn't imagine with 2 small kids. I didn't know you were already a CNA. Good luck in nursing school!!

muncieLPN34

41 Posts

Hello there,

I just took the TEAS test today, and only got a 79% composite score. I have 2 A's and 2 B's for the prereq's. So I obviously think I need to study more and try and do better on the TEAS. I am from Muncie and applying for the transition LPN-RN program starting in May 2008. How did you do on the TEAS? What advisor told you these scores from last session? I was too afraid to ask.

Thanks for any info and GOOD LUCK!

:)

+ Add a Comment