University of Phoenix MSN Program

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

:welcome:

I would like to use this thread for all of us attending or having attended UofP.

I am going to begin classes in August of this year in the MSN/ED program.

I would love to hear from different people who are in different stages of the program and what they have liked and hated.

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT GONE THROUGH THE PROGRAM AND ONLY WANT TO SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT THE SCHOOL.

I hope other U of P alumni will get involved and help us with any sticky situations that arise and offer their wisdom.

Thanks,

I don't know what the new format is since I graduated in January.

As far as the Stafford Loan is, UoP is only adminstrating the loan and applying Stafford Loan regulations, you must complete so many credits before the funds are dispersed.

My daughter is in a brick and mortar school and same rules apply. If you take a private loan this is not an issue but a higher interest rate.

Specializes in if its out there, ive done it.

Not a huge fan of the LT projects, but they are a neccesity. I chose a Masters in health care management, nursing and business administration. With that I can teach, facilitate or manage. Im leaning toward teaching. I think, overall, its a great alternative to traditional classrooom education.

I'll be glad to help. I did the BSN completion and MSN programs at UofP and enjoyed it. Let me know if I can help. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I have also enjoyed the program and will be finished in April. I am going right on to do the masters but not sure which program to choose.

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.

You are very welcome. For me, going straight through from the BSN to the MSN to the post-MSN CNS, worked well. Glad I'm done though. Altogether, it took 3.5 years of steady full-time plus work to get there but in the end, the rewards were definitely worth it.

Congrats on your upcoming graduation.

Hello! I am also a UoP student, MSN/Nursing ed. I am satisfied and glad about UoP's curriculum. I remember TraumaRus helped me in deciding whether to go into the UoP program or not because TraumaRus is very accomodating to my UoP questions...Thank you for your help...;)

Hi, I am looking to start the RN-MSN through the University of Phoenix in Sept. Roughly how long will it take me if I take one class continuously.

Thanks

Hi. It depends with the number of units. 3 units usually take 5-6 wks, 1 unit takes 2 wks and 2 units take 3 wks to accomplish. Good luck!

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.

qtRN - thanks so much for those kind words. You are right about the time for classes.

Good luck to both of you!

Hello! is anyone taking up or has taken up NUR/531 INFLUENCING THE FUTURE OF NURSING AND HEALTH CARE? How's the class?

I start that class (NUR 531) April 10th. Currently I am in Dynamics of Family Systems and it is a lot of work for a 2 credit class. I just take one week at a time to get through!:uhoh3:

I agree with you, it was quite a bit tough for 2 credits. I have taken that class last Sept. Please let me know what I can do for you.

ah...I wish I would have logged on last week. That LT debate was due this past Monday night. What a pain that one was, esp. when some of the team chooses not to help out. That is why I don't enjoy LT assignments...

thanks for the offer. I hear there is another course coming up with a debate, bigger than the past one. I am in the MSN ed program.

+ Add a Comment