Living in Hyde Park???

U.S.A. Illinois

Published

Specializes in OB, Cardiac.

Hi,

I know Hyde Park is a pretty unsafe place to live. However, I was curious if there were some safe areas there to rent an apt? Thanks

Specializes in Ortho, Med surg and L&D.
Hi,

I know Hyde Park is a pretty unsafe place to live. However, I was curious if there were some safe areas there to rent an apt? Thanks

Hello,

From what I know it is "NOT" necessarily an unsafe place to live, it can be downright posh.

However there is a clear dividing line someplace between where the university cops con't peruse and further away from campus.

You have to go and look. Possibly contact the unvirsity of Chicago to ask about any referral lists for near campus housing? Again, you will have to go and look for yourself.

Hyde park is really up and coming even more now with the south side development. There are some really nice places, then again, you have to be very aware. An associate of mine lived near 55th street, closer towards the Lake in a beutiful condo and the anti-theft devices for her and her neighbors abounded. It was the first time I really knew someone who used those metal door cages on the outside of her screen door at night, you know, like stores pull down at night?

She loved her neighborhood and suggested to try to avoid areas that have any 'instant cash for car titles' and beauty stores on the block.

Best,

Gen

Specializes in OB, Cardiac.
Hello,

From what I know it is "NOT" necessarily an unsafe place to live, it can be downright posh.

However there is a clear dividing line someplace between where the university cops con't peruse and further away from campus.

You have to go and look. Possibly contact the unvirsity of Chicago to ask about any referral lists for near campus housing? Again, you will have to go and look for yourself.

Hyde park is really up and coming even more now with the south side development. There are some really nice places, then again, you have to be very aware. An associate of mine lived near 55th street, closer towards the Lake in a beutiful condo and the anti-theft devices for her and her neighbors abounded. It was the first time I really knew someone who used those metal door cages on the outside of her screen door at night, you know, like stores pull down at night?

She loved her neighborhood and suggested to try to avoid areas that have any 'instant cash for car titles' and beauty stores on the block.

Best,

Gen

Thanks!

+ Add a Comment