???? New law in IL.

U.S.A. Illinois

Published

Specializes in Home Health Care,LTC.

Has anyone heard if IL. is going to start accepting online degrees for like RN's.? I know currently they don't accept them. But I heard that there was something up to vote to start accepting.

This is why right now I am taking online courses for my ADN, BSN, and MSN, courses other than nursing so they will be accepted and transfer to the local community college so after I am finished I can recieve my RN degree.

Was just wondering if anyone knew anything.

Angie

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.

I'm in IL and as far as I know the only online degrees that IL does NOT accept is Excelsior because the clinical and lecture aren't concurrent. I did the BSN online completion program through University of Phoenix and I'm currently in the MSN program and they are equally well-accepted.

I don't have my RN yet only my LPN. Didn't know if there was anything out there where I could get my RN online and have IL. accept it.

Any suggestions??

Angie

I don't have my RN yet only my LPN. Didn't know if there was anything out there where I could get my RN online and have IL. accept it.

Any suggestions??

Angie

Just wanted to bring your attention to my original post again

Thanks,

Angie

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.

Angie - (I haven't been here in a couple of days because of school). What about contacting the Office of Professional Regulation. I think on their website - you can post questions and they will get back with you. judi

Yes I did that the other day and havn't heard back from them yet.

Angie

Traumarus == Do you have a website that I need to go to in order to see what requirements I need for my rn, bsn,msn? I found one place emailed them got an answer back said to call this number and all I get is a recording about wanting to request forms for lisence. I don't need that . I did leave a message about what I wanted and needed. But wonder if you had something different than I did.

Thanks,

Angie

[i doubt it. I am having a hell of a time finishing my BSN because no one wants to take those courses.

QUOTE=akcarmean]Has anyone heard if IL. is going to start accepting online degrees for like RN's.? I know currently they don't accept them. But I heard that there was something up to vote to start accepting.

This is why right now I am taking online courses for my ADN, BSN, and MSN, courses other than nursing so they will be accepted and transfer to the local community college so after I am finished I can recieve my RN degree.

Was just wondering if anyone knew anything.

Angie

+ Add a Comment