In April 2017, Purdue University reinforced its status as one of the world's most innovative universities by announcing it would acquire Kaplan University, a longtime leader in online adult education, and create a new, public, non-profit institution which is now Purdue University Global.
Students can receive a quality nursing education whether it is online, in the classroom, or a combination of both. The nursing programs offer a flexible plan for those who have work and life commitments.
Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) (on-campus)
Pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (on-campus)
Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN (online)
Standards of care and nursing responsibilities are ever changing and the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree is the standard degree for most RNs these days. The program can help licensed nurses become more competent in their field as they strive to meet these standards and responsibilities.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) (online)
The Master’s Degree in Nursing offers specialized tracks as follows:
Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP)
Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
At this time, residents of Tennessee may not enroll in the following concentrations:
- Nurse Educator
- Executive Leader
- Nurse Informatics
Residents of the following states may not enroll in the Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner and Family Nurse Practitioner specializations:
The Master of Science in Nursing program includes:
- Courses focusing on organizational theory, health care finance, health policy, human resources, information technology, and health care systems
- Faculty and preceptor-guided practicum or clinical experiences in your hometown
- Mentors leading you through the specific program you choose
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) – MSN to DNP pathway (online)
Post Master's Certificates
- Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP) (online)
- Executive Leader Graduate (online)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) (online)
- Nurse Educator Graduate
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Students are educated at the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) level to increase the number of clinical experts and leaders in the nursing world. Students graduate possessing the highest level of scientific knowledge and are experts in their respective nursing careers. In the end, there could be new job opportunities for these Advanced Practice experts.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice fits nicely into the life of busy nurses who have other obligations like work and families.
At this time, residents of the following states may not enroll in the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree:
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program outcomes result in preparing students to:
- Practice at the highest level of nursing
- Analyze data and scientific research to improve nursing practice
- Provide organizational and system leadership to continuously improve quality of health care and foster interprofessional collaboration
- Evaluate ethical, legal, and social factors that are important in shaping and developing health policies
All students in the Doctor of Nursing Practice program must earn a minimum of 1,000 post-baccalaureate practice hours in their population focus for degree completion. There may be additional clinical hours for those who have a specialized degree.
Campus Learning Experience
Purdue University Global instructors understand that real world experiences and skills are required to function as an optimal nurse in the place of employment. The campus-based programs include associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degree programs and certificates that focus on real world education, professional skills, and career-focused training.
We offer an online program made for those who cannot fit a class into their daytime life schedule, which includes many adult learners these days. You can conveniently make your own schedule and let study time fit your life instead of your life fitting into school time.
All of our Nursing programs are taught by elite practitioners and are designed for the working nurse who also has family obligations. We understand your unique circumstances and are here for you. Check us out and you will find that we are the logical choice as you consider starting your nursing journey or want to further you career in Nursing.
Iowa NCLEX 2019 Pass Rates
- Cedar Rapids - 84.11%
- Des Moines - 100%
- Davenport - Anticipated opening of this location is in early 2019
The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Purdue University Global is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The master’s degree in nursing program at Purdue Global is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
The post-graduate APRN certificate programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Purdue University Global is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
- Safest College Campuses in America #174
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #432
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #455
- Best College Locations in America #571
- Safest College Campuses in Iowa #2
- Best College Locations in Iowa #6
- Most Diverse Colleges in Iowa #6
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in Iowa #12