- NCLEX Pass Rate 100
- Location Boca Raton, Florida
- Programs BSN, DNP, MSN, RN-to-MSN, RN-to-BSN, Entry-Level BSN, MSN-to-DNP, MSN to PhD, CNL, NP, PhD, BSN-to-PhD, BSN-to-DNP, Accelerated BSN, Post-grad Certificate, Other
- Website URL Visit Website
Florida Atlantic University (FAU), a public institution, was founded in 1961.
Instrumental Principles in the Florida Atlantic College Design and Construction
The use of Feng Shui coincides with healing and provides the "feel" throughout the College. Feng Shui is a Chinese practice that attempts to create environments that promote comfort and support.
Feng Shui consists of five elements (metal, wood, fire, water and earth) and to promoting the flow of Ch'i or positive energy. This was a focus of attention when developing the College's spaces. The five elements focus on balance of work and life; nursing is characterized as an earth-based or nurturing element.
The goal for the College was to create a supportive yet transformative environment for the study of nursing. The College's spaces are arranged to create harmony and balance, and to use energy in the most positive way.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
The BSN program at the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing is highly competitive, rigorous and demanding. Clinical hours for hands-on experience are available at the local hospitals, offering the students many opportunities to learn how to care for a variety of patient populations.
Pre-licensure students have 840 total program hours of clinical and laboratory experience.
Graduates of the BSN program are prepared as general clinical practitioners and are eligible for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) to obtain an RN license in their individual states.
- Freshman Direct Admit
- Traditional BSN
The RN-to-BSN track is designed for nurses who have completed an ACEN accredited nursing program or diploma, hold an unrestricted RN license, and are interested in obtaining the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
The RN-BSN degree is solely online providing flexibility and individuality.
Clinical site/practicum and preceptors are decided in collaboration between faculty and students. Accommodations for every student are attempted for the practicum/clinical needs of students in various geographic locations.
Admission Requirements for the RN-BSN Track (not all inclusive)
- Minimum overall (cumulative) 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Unencumbered/current RN license
- Grade of "C" or better in prerequisite courses
- Completion of 60 lower division college credits from an accredited institution and an associate's degree in nursing from an ACEN accredited institution or its international equivalent
- Federal background check and fingerprinting
Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Accelerated track (BSN) is a program specifically designed for applicants with a baccalaureate degree in a field other than nursing and who wish to become a Registered Nurse. This is a full-time, fast-track, limited-access program. Due to the intensity of the track, the College of Nursing strongly discourages students from working throughout the duration of the track.
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
- Bachelor’s degree minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA in all undergraduate work
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- Completed prerequisites
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Adult/Gerontological Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Holistic Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Administration & Financial Leadership
- Nurse Educator
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
There is a limited number of applicants available for this program. If requirements are met, admission into the program is not guaranteed. The DNP program is a part-time commitment with classes offered on weekends that include web-assistance.
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing recommends that students complete 1000 hours of clinical practicum hours; this begins in the second year.
- Post-Master’s DNP
The Post-Master's program is designed for Master’s prepared nurses who are nationally certified in an area of advanced practice nursing. The program is part-time offered over 8 semesters that culminates in a DNP project designed to respond to a recognized health care concern or need in the community.
Admission requirements include students with a Master’s Degree and certification in advanced practice, administration, or clinical nurse leadership. Acceptance is limited.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- BSN to PhD
- MSN to PhD
- DNP to PhD
Highlights of the PhD Program
- Full- or part-time status
- Full time students eligible for financial support
- Core courses are most often on weekends (once a month during each semester with cyberspace interaction between face-to-face classes)
Accreditation, Certification and Approval
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the baccalaureate, master's and DNP programs.
FAU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The American Holistic Nurses Certification Corporation certified all programs in the College of Nursing. The BSN graduates are eligible to be certified by the AHNCC.
The baccalaureate program is approved by the Florida State Board of Nursing.
US News & World Report (2020)
- #230-#301 in National Universities
- #23 (tie) in Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs
- #233 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs
- #11 (tie) in Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs for Veterans
- #49 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Master's
- #60 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Best Big Colleges in America #114 of 131
- Top Public Universities in America #239 of 672
- Best College Locations in America #331 of 1,553
- Best College Campuses in America #545 of 1,408
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #576 of 1,591
- Best Colleges in America #626 of 1,647
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #633 of 1,542
- Best Big Colleges in Florida #6 of 9
- Most Diverse Colleges in Florida #7 of 75
- Top Public Universities in Florida #12 of 37
- Best College Campuses in Florida #21 of 41
- Colleges with the Best Academics in Florida #23 of 54
- Best Colleges in Florida #24 of 75
- Best College Locations in Florida #27 of 70
- Best Value Colleges in Florida #27 of 67
- Best Colleges in Miami Area #6 of 18
- Best Value Colleges in Miami Area #7 of 18
- #479 Top Colleges
- #165 in Public Colleges
- #192 in Research Universities
- #101 in the South
- #171 America's Best Value Colleges
College Factual ranked FAU #13 Best Colleges for the Money in Florida.
Edited by sirI