- NCLEX Pass Rate 94
- Location St. George, Utah
- Programs ASN/ADN, BSN, RN-to-BSN, Other
- Visit Website Click For More Information!
In 1888, the LDS Church established the St. George Stake Academy thus paving a road to the future, Dixie State University, a public entity.
DSU Degree Programs
RN to BSN
The RN to BSN program is created for the employed student and can be completed within 12 months. Students do have the option to go part-time.
Admissions Requirements (not all inclusive)
- Graduation from accredited RN Associate Degree program (AAS or AS)
- Current/unencumbered RN license
- Personal References
- Completion of all general education courses
Pre-Licensure BSN 4-Year Program (BSN)
Graduates become eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN exam and become eligible to be licensed in their respective states as an RN.
Admission (not all inclusive)
- Complete all pre-requisites with grade of 'C' or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in all pre-nursing courses
- Current CNA certification or LPN licensure
- Only the HESI A2 Exam is accepted
Is there a waiting list?
There is not a wait list for Dixie State University. Applicants are evaluated per each application by a point system and those who have highest scores are granted admission into the program. There are a few positions available for those who do not have the highest scores, and the student will be contacted if there is a space that becomes available.
How many students apply and how many are accepted?
The RN to BSN program admits 50-75 students each spring and summer. If resources allow, Dixie State University will take additional outsiders who apply and meet qualifications.
Some of my prerequisite classes are old. Is there a time limit?
Within 7 years of starting the program, Human Anatomy with Lab and Human Physiology with Lab must be completed. Other pre-requisite classes do not have a time limit.
Are any classes for the nursing program taught online?
The RN to BSN nursing program courses are taught exclusively online. General education programs may be taken in the classroom if they are not offered online.
Do you offer evening or weekend nursing courses?
The RN to BSN courses are online.
Approval and Accreditation
The Utah Board of Nursing (BON) approved DSU's Nursing Programs as required.
The Nursing programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Dixie State University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
US News & World Report (2019)
- #26 in Regional Colleges West
- #7 in Top Public Schools
- Safest College Campuses in America #217 of 1,357
- Best College Locations in America #520 of 1,553
- Best College Campuses in America #581 of 1,408
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #678 of 1,542
- Most Diverse Colleges in Utah #3 of 12
- Best College Locations in Utah #4 of 11
- Safest College Campuses in Utah #4 of 10
- Best College Campuses in Utah #7 of 8
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in Utah #9 of 10
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #895 of 1,592