- NCLEX Pass Rate 100
- Location Berea, Ohio
- Programs BSN, Accelerated BSN
- Website URL Visit Website
Baldwin Wallace University (BW) is an Ohio-based, private, Methodist-affiliated college. Its affiliation with the Methodist Church helps to demonstrate core values of respect and integrity.
Baldwin Wallace was founded in 1845 and is proud to be one of the first colleges to accept people of all races and genders. The school is based on the value of education with no regards to race, gender, or ability to pay.
Baldwin Wallace Academic Nursing
Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
BW's accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program is designed for those interested in becoming nurses and already hold a Bachelor's degree in a non-nursing area. The classroom and clinicals are rigorous in their makeup. Coming out of the program, students will be leaders in communication and critical thinking skills suited to a current complex healthcare system. Also, upon graduation, the student will be prepared to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and become eligible to be licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in his or her state.
Clinical rotations are completed at Southwest General Health Center in Middleburg Heights, Ohio.
The program is only 12 months in length and compiled of 58 credit hours. Most students are able to complete the program in three semesters, which are divided into two shorter terms.
Due to the stringent program requirements, students are not recommended to work during the program.
Note: Starting in August 2018, Baldwin Wallace's nursing program will change to a 15-month format.
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
Because of the unique approach to teaching and learning employed throughout the nursing program, no transfer credit is accepted.
Applicants who earned their degree in the United States must have attended a regionally accredited college or university. As part of the CASPA application process, applicants with degrees that are earned from institutions other than those in the US must have their academic transcripts translated and verified by a NACES organization.
To be a competitive applicant, the candidate for admission must possess a minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average based on a 4.0 scale in all previous college work. In comparison, the Fall 2016 nursing cohort Grade Point Average was 3.4. The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program welcomes students with degrees in any area, however students must have met specific science prerequisites to enroll in the nursing curriculum.
Two professional or personal recommendations from individuals qualified to evaluate the applicant's background and potential for success in a nursing program are required.
A Criminal Background check is mandatory. Candidates with a criminal record that has not been expunged or sealed are not eligible for enrollment in the nursing program at Baldwin Wallace University. Although students with an expunged record may be eligible for admission as well as clinical placement in BW’s program, an expunged or sealed record could negatively impact the student's eligibility to qualify for a professional RN license following completion of the program. Eligibility for a Registered Nursing (RN) license varies by state and is handled on a case-by-case basis by the professional state Board of Nursing.
US News & World Report (2019)
- #13 (tie) in Regional Universities Midwest
- #9 (tie) in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #6 in Best Value Schools
- Best Christian Colleges in America #58 of 356
- Top Private Universities in America #229 of 975
- Best Colleges in America #345 of 1,647
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #348 of 1,591
- Best College Locations in America #363 of 1,553
- Best Value Colleges in America #522 of 1,590
- Best College Campuses in America #614 of 1,408
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #733 of 1,542
- Best Christian Colleges in Ohio #3 of 19
- Top Private Universities in Ohio #11 of 44
- Best College Locations in Ohio #12 of 65
- Best Colleges in Ohio #15 of 76
- Colleges with the Best Academics in Ohio #15 of 75
- Best College Campuses in Ohio #20 of 57
- Best Value Colleges in Ohio #21 of 73
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in Ohio #31 of 64
- Best Colleges in Cleveland Area #4 of 13
- Best Value Colleges in Cleveland Area #5 of 13
- #529 Top Colleges
- #339 in Private Colleges
- #124 in the Midwest
College Factual (2018-2019)
- #29 slot on our ranking of Best Colleges for the Money in Ohio
- #326 ranking on the Overall Best Colleges for the Money nationally
MONEY Magazine ranked BW #545 Best Colleges For Your Money (2018-2019).
Registerednursing.org ranked BW's nursing program as fifth in Ohio for 2017.
Accreditation and Approval
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at BW.
Baldwin Wallace University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association.
The Ohio Board of Nursing approved the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
Edited by Joe V