Indiana State University (ISU) | 100% NCLEX Pass Rates
Since 1963, the nursing program at Indiana State University (ISU) has been an intricate part of the university. We provide a perfect blend of the traditional college experience and distance learning. Indiana State University is the only fully online LPN-BSN degree in the nation
Avg Rating: 4.8
NCLEX Pass Rates
- On Campus
Programs RN-to-BSN, LPN-to-BSN, Entry-Level BSN, MSN-to-DNP, Accelerated BSN, BSN, DNP, Post-grad Certificate, NP, Other
Location Terre Haute, IN
Telephone (800) 468-6478
Website URL Visit Website
Programs offered at Indiana State University are from the LPN level to a DNP level of nursing.
Department of Baccalaureate Nursing
There are two on-campus program tracks offered:
- Traditional four-year: Those who are entering without a degree or without LPN/RN licensure. This is a 4-year program combining pre-nursing and nursing courses.
- Accelerated 2nd degree: This program is offered to students who have a bachelor's degree in a field other than nursing. This program is 15 months long for the full-time student. For those attempting to complete the degree on a full-time basis, students should not be employed more than 12 hours a week.
Licensed Practical Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) track - LPN/LVN-BSN Program
The LPN/LVN program offers no waiting list to get started. You can complete your clinical hours in a facility in your area, if you are under a local preceptor. There are no campus visits required for this program.
Upon completion of the BSN, graduates are eligible to apply for the NCLEX-RN exam, which upon successfully passing the exam, will lead to RN licensure in the individual state.
Faculty members at Indiana State University are dedicated to serving students as they assist them along the way with the “Student Services Concierge”. This partners students with an advisor who helps answer questions and offers guidance along the way to course completion.
You can transfer up to 67 credits towards your degree program. The College Network will help those who are doing distance learning through Indiana State University.
Side note: Contact your state licensing authority to assure that upon completion of the Indiana State University LPN/LVN to BSN track of the baccalaureate nursing program, you are qualified to obtain a license or other form of certification.
Advanced Practice Registered Nursing (APRN)
The advanced practice nurse graduate program started in 1986 has maintained continuous accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) since 1989. The Doctor of Nursing Practice began in the fall of 2010.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Indiana State University offers the Master of Science in Nursing online degree with two specializations:
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) - The Family Nurse Practitioner Specialization focuses on building upon the RN’s knowledge to specialize in caring for the entire family. The Family Nurse Practitioner curriculum will prepare the nurse to meet the ANCC and AANP certification competencies.
- Nursing Education - If you have the heart of a teacher, this program will prepare you to educate the nurses of tomorrow. After completion of this program the nurse will be eligible to complete the NLN certification competencies for excellence as a nurse educator.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program at Indiana State University assists students in becoming innovative nurse leaders of the future with a focus primarily on the healthcare delivery system.
The DNP program is a 39-credit hour post-master’s program requiring a total of 1,000 hours of supervised clinical preceptorship. Beginning with the class admitted during the fall of 2017, the Indiana State University DNP requires the completion of 1000 clinical/practicum hours as mandated by the American Association Colleges of Nursing. Waivers may be considered for the following with evidence of national certification in an area of advanced nursing practice:
- Master’s prepared APRN (CNM, CRNA, CNS, NP): 500 clinical hours with documentation of national certification American Association Colleges of Nursing. (2015). DNP: Current Issues and Clarifying Recommendations [White Paper].
- Master’s prepared Advanced Practice Nurses with Advanced Certification, e.g. Advanced Public Health, Advanced Nurse Executive, etc.: Up to 500 clinical hours with evidence of documented academically supervised clinical hours with a 1:1 ratio being observed. American Association Colleges of Nursing. (2015). DNP: Current Issues and Clarifying Recommendations [White Paper].
- Per AACN MSN Nurse Educators - No previous practicum hours will be waived. A longer program of study will be required to fulfill clinical practice hours.
With the DNP program, there is no dissertation requirement. The DNP required project is based on the individual's expertise and interests.
The Accelerated Second degree BSN NCLEX pass rate for 2015 was 100% (24/24).
The Indiana State University College of Health and Human Services Continuing Nursing Education Program is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Indiana State University has been recognized by The Princeton Review, U.S. News & World Report and Forbes as one of the best colleges in the Midwest.
The ISU School of Nursing was established in 1963 and is accredited by the (NLN) National League of Nursing.
We enjoy school-spirited, hometown traditions like the Sycamore Tricycle Derby and annual Tandem Bicycle Race. ISU students know how to have fun!
If you are looking for a school that offers absolutely no wait list to get started, Indiana State University is the university for you. LPNS: Get your BSN degree online and become a professional RN in your field. Obtaining a BSN makes you even more marketable and allows you the opportunity to increase your income. Come join us!