Jump to content

RN Dialysis training - Davita vs Fresenius

Urology   (2,971 Views | 24 Replies)
by van_rn van_rn (New) New

van_rn has 1 years experience .

358 Profile Views; 12 Posts

Hi I was wondering what the dialysis RN training looked like for both Davita and Fresenius respectively. The number of weeks, hours, exam etc. Is the training the same?

I am looking into getting into dialysis and wanted to know how the training varied.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

201 Posts; 2,425 Profile Views

9 hours ago, van_rn said:

Hi I was wondering what the dialysis RN training looked like for both Davita and Fresenius respectively. The number of weeks, hours, exam etc. Is the training the same?

I am looking into getting into dialysis and wanted to know how the training varied.

Thank you!

I interview for Fresenius but did not take the job. The training is 6 months long with some classroom training and hands on experience. Upon completion of the course you have to take a exam. 16 hour shifts once you start working. I am unsure about davita.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

367 Posts; 1,916 Profile Views

9 hours ago, Lovethenurse2b25 said:

I interview for Fresenius but did not take the job. The training is 6 months long with some classroom training and hands on experience. Upon completion of the course you have to take a exam. 16 hour shifts once you start working. I am unsure about davita.

16 hour shifts how many days a week to be considered full-time?  Is that everywhere with this company or just at that particular facility?  That's a looong shift!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

201 Posts; 2,425 Profile Views

53 minutes ago, Elaine M said:

16 hour shifts how many days a week to be considered full-time?  Is that everywhere with this company or just at that particular facility?  That's a looong shift!

Im not sure if its everywhere. 16 hours 3 days a week. 5am start time also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

van_rn has 1 years experience.

12 Posts; 358 Profile Views

On 11/23/2019 at 5:59 AM, Lovethenurse2b25 said:

I interview for Fresenius but did not take the job. The training is 6 months long with some classroom training and hands on experience. Upon completion of the course you have to take a exam. 16 hour shifts once you start working. I am unsure about davita.

Thank you for the reply! Did you end up taking a dialysis job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

beachbabe86 specializes in Oceanfront Living.

63 Posts; 250 Profile Views

On 11/23/2019 at 5:36 PM, Elaine M said:

16 hour shifts how many days a week to be considered full-time?  Is that everywhere with this company or just at that particular facility?  That's a looong shift!

That is pretty much standard for a 3 day a week clinic.  MWF or TTS for 6 day a week clinics.  It is an industry standard not corporate.  The responsibilities of the RN are tremendous.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

201 Posts; 2,425 Profile Views

1 hour ago, van_rn said:

Thank you for the reply! Did you end up taking a dialysis job?

 

No i ending up turning down the offer. The facility was desperate, the supervisor told me they were experiencing a big shortage and more than 75% of the workers left. Also that she would expect me to work more than 3 days a week and always work ot. Im a single mother the position did not seem ideal to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

van_rn has 1 years experience.

12 Posts; 358 Profile Views

4 hours ago, Lovethenurse2b25 said:

 

No i ending up turning down the offer. The facility was desperate, the supervisor told me they were experiencing a big shortage and more than 75% of the workers left. Also that she would expect me to work more than 3 days a week and always work ot. Im a single mother the position did not seem ideal to me. 

sorry I mean did you take up a dialysis job with another company/facility?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

367 Posts; 1,916 Profile Views

4 hours ago, Lovethenurse2b25 said:

 

No i ending up turning down the offer. The facility was desperate, the supervisor told me they were experiencing a big shortage and more than 75% of the workers left. Also that she would expect me to work more than 3 days a week and always work ot. Im a single mother the position did not seem ideal to me. 

Yeah, 48 hours/week plus OT doesn't seem ideal to me either and I'm not a single parent.  Gee, I wonder why so many people have left...🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silverdragon102 has 32 years experience as a BSN and specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.

7 Followers; 1 Article; 39,106 Posts; 144,236 Profile Views

Moved to the Dialysis/Renal/Urology discussion forum 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

201 Posts; 2,425 Profile Views

6 hours ago, van_rn said:

sorry I mean did you take up a dialysis job with another company/facility?

No other companies i’ve looked at like Davita are pretty much the same long hours. I’ve observed Davita facilities for hours and those nurses are running like crazy it is intense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

201 Posts; 2,425 Profile Views

6 hours ago, Elaine M said:

Yeah, 48 hours/week plus OT doesn't seem ideal to me either and I'm not a single parent.  Gee, I wonder why so many people have left...🤔

The manager stated it was so bad they often shut the facility down just so they can get a handle on paperwork. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.