NP's will need PhD by 2010?

  1. It's my understanding that if you plan to get a Master's in nursing to work as an NP you will need a PhD instead of a Master's degree by 2010. This might be on a state by state basis....? I'm in Washington state. Does anyone know what is up with this? I need to find the source of this information.
    And why a PhD unless you're going into research?
  2. Visit skinnedknees profile page

    About skinnedknees

    Joined: Dec '07; Posts: 19; Likes: 12


  3. by   sirI
    It will not be a PhD, but a DNP (Doctorate of Nursing Practice). Much conversation in the NP forum. The date for this is 2015.

    You can read the responses in this thread that is closed for now: