Full disclosure, this is for a school assignment. I'm in an RN-to-BSN program and taking a Community Health Nursing class. I have to interview someone who is a mental health/behavioral health nurse. I had a fellow classmate lined up, but she has not responded to the actual questions. It's a fully online class, so aside from email, I have no way to get in touch with her. I have to turn this in by tomorrow and it counts as a double assignment. Please, someone have mercy on me!
I just need a heartfelt, thoughtful response to the following questions:
- Please explain your current position, how long you've been working with people with mental illness, and your roles and responsibilities.
- How did you end up in this field?
- What would you like for people to know about the mentally ill?
- What would you like for nurses to know in working with the mentally ill?
- What can we do, as nurses, to provide more holistic care to this population?
- How do you provide culturally competent care to this population?
Thank you SO much!!