I need to interview a NP in primary care for my NP role course. Would someone be interested in answering my questions for me? They are below: it is greatly appreciated!
The NP Role:
Can you please include a copy of your job description as well.
1. Describe your practice setting.
2. Who do you report to? How often does communication with the leadership figure occur?
3. What are your specifics in your job. I.e direct patient care, consulting, use of evidence based practice, education to staff, administrative responsibilities, leadership responsibilities, formal committees, collaboration, use of information technology, etc.
4. Describe a typical day in your shoes.
5.. Do you belong to a formal group in your practice setting, if so how often do you meet? What is the premise for the formal group? If you do not belong to a formal group, what implications do you have in your setting?
6. What was the orientation process for your job; what factors enhanced the role transition; what factors caused barriers to the role transition; what advice can you give for improved role transition?
7. How often are you evaluated, by whom, criteria?
6. Analyze your role, how does your jobs role support theoretical documents that describe what an NP should be/do, i.e the ANA, consensus model, primary care NP competencies, ethics and NP, etc.