Nursing Students want to have an all-in-one reference that will get them through every academic day with ease. The book, Portable RN: The All-in-One Nursing Reference by Lippincott, provides this and more. New Nurses, too, will want to refresh their memory of the things learned in his or her Nursing program. And, seasoned Nurses will benefit from the portable reference guide especially when floating to another Nursing unit.
Grab this book when you are uncertain about assessments, diagnostic tests, medications, procedures, or end-of-life care. This book will be the one you pull out of your nursing bag when the instructor asks a question that you don’t know the answer to - yet - but are sure to find in one of the seventeen chapters between the front and back covers.
The content in this 4th Edition incorporates current Infusion Nurses Society standards of practice and Joint Commission guidelines.
Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Assessment
- Chapter 2: Assessment Findings
- Chapter 3: ECG's
- Chapter 4: Common Laboratory Tests
- Chapter 5: Common Disorders
- Chapter 6: Common Procedures
- Chapter 7: Surgical Patient Care
- Chapter 8: Pain Management
- Chapter 9: Pressure Ulcers and Traumatic Wound Care
- Chapter 10: Precautions
- Chapter 11: Troubleshooting
- Chapter 12: Drug Administration
- Chapter 13: Dosage Calculation
- Chapter 14: Drug Hazards
- Chapter 15: Complications
- Chapter 16: End-of-Life Care
- Chapter 17: Documentation Systems
All Nursing Students as well as new and seasoned Nurses will find value in this book. The overview and comprehensive subjects covered make it a necessity for students and newer Nurses.
You will want to keep this book close-by during class and clinicals. It is packed with information that will provide practical application for even your most difficult clinical days.
- Paperback: 704 pages
- Publisher: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 4th edition
- Publication Date: March 3, 2010
- Dimensions: 5.1 x 1.4 x 8.7
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-1605479743
- ISBN-10: 1605479748
Paperback and Kindle
Amazon offers sales as well as the option to purchase used versions of the book.
- Paperback: $61.99
- Kindle: $41.18
What Comes in the Box
Portable RN: The All-in-One Nursing Reference (Paperback and/or Kindle as ordered)
Edited by Joe V